This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some of the better stories in JRPGs?

#41frag_baitPosted 4/21/2013 6:08:35 AM
I loved Symphonia, too. Probably the best Tales. Also,

-Tales of the Abyss
-FFX, my favorite FF
-Xenogears. I didn't really have a problem with the second disk, but I didn't hear it was supposedly rushed/not completed until years after I played it. If I had, maybe I would have been less satisfied.
-Kessen 3-I'm not sure if this would classify as an RPG, but the story was really good.
#42artemis21Posted 4/21/2013 6:19:48 AM
Trails in the Sky (PSP)
Suikoden 2 (PSX)
FF VIII (PSX)
---
Posted using GameFlux
#43ThamauturgePosted 4/21/2013 6:53:34 AM
Every game by Yasumi Matsuno.

FFT is by far the best, if you are using the WOTL translation.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Dark Souls, Uncharted 2, Crisis Core: FF7, Ratchet Collection, REmake
#44HabefietPosted 4/21/2013 7:33:20 AM
Anybody that says Tales of Vesperia is just... wrong. Sorry. The story in that game is unconscionably bad. It's not just "not one of the better stories in JRPGs," it's so ****ing terrible that it makes me question your whole list.

This is coming from a guy who holds Tales of Symphonia as one of his favorite games ever.
#45Rasen543Posted 4/21/2013 7:50:28 AM
Any Shin Megami Tensei.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#46XenoDeityPosted 4/21/2013 8:03:04 AM
Xenogears
Xenosaga 1-3
Valkyrie Profile
Suikoden 1-3, 5
Shadow Hearts
---
KOS-MOS: There is no connection between my current systems and your life functions.
#47PurelyDivinePosted 4/23/2013 11:19:53 PM
Habefiet posted...
Anybody that says Tales of Vesperia is just... wrong. Sorry. The story in that game is unconscionably bad. It's not just "not one of the better stories in JRPGs," it's so ****ing terrible that it makes me question your whole list.

This is coming from a guy who holds Tales of Symphonia as one of his favorite games ever.

I agree with you. Symphonia had the best story in the series (from what I've played). Vesperia wasn't great, but I still loved the game for what it was.
---
I love Deidara. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/DEIDARA.jpg
I love Cloud. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/CLOUD.jpg
#48PurelyDivinePosted 4/23/2013 11:21:15 PM
CyricsServant posted...
PurelyDivine posted...
akuma634 posted...
Persona 4, I never played 3 but I hear a lot of praise for it. That's a game that goes into a very weird world and shies away from typical RPG cliches.

you should play Persona 3. imo, it's darker than P4

Ending made me want to flip a table until I took a moment to consider everything I'd seen.

Anyway, all the new Personas have been awesome. Its been a great evolution of the franchise. I'm really hoping Persona 5 ends up being a PS3/360 game and not a handheld.

can't wait for Persona 5. I'm sad SMT4 went handheld.
---
I love Deidara. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/DEIDARA.jpg
I love Cloud. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/CLOUD.jpg
#49CuteBlueBabyBeaPosted 4/24/2013 3:55:27 AM
nier
mother 3
final fantasy tactics
final fantasy 9
vagrant story
tactics ogre: luct

have the best stories in jrpgs
#50PHEEliNUXPosted 4/24/2013 3:56:53 AM
PurelyDivine posted...
CyricsServant posted...
PurelyDivine posted...
akuma634 posted...
Persona 4, I never played 3 but I hear a lot of praise for it. That's a game that goes into a very weird world and shies away from typical RPG cliches.

you should play Persona 3. imo, it's darker than P4

Ending made me want to flip a table until I took a moment to consider everything I'd seen.

Anyway, all the new Personas have been awesome. Its been a great evolution of the franchise. I'm really hoping Persona 5 ends up being a PS3/360 game and not a handheld.

can't wait for Persona 5. I'm sad SMT4 went handheld.

Would rather have P5 being on PS3/Wii U
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"