This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else buy Uncharted 3 GOTY NEW and get a code that didn't work?

#1baddcomplexPosted 4/20/2013 9:42:04 PM
I bought the game new from Best Buy today and the GOTY code didn't work, because someone already used it.

I called Sony and they said take it back to Best Buy and get another one because the code was used last year!

LAST YEAR!?!?!

I Googled this topic and found pages and pages of people with the same problem. I'm surprised that Sony hasn't done something about this.

How can people get these codes and use them? Sony seems to know about the problem but could care less to do anything about it.

Now I have to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and hopefully get another copy that works.
Best Buy shouldn't have to deal with Sony's mistake that they won't correct.

What is wrong with Sony?
#2PStrifePosted 4/21/2013 7:49:34 AM
Actually that is nothing, when i bought Halo Reach at launch I used a code which somehow had already been used. This is at launch, that is why I no longer buy into any of this stupid data entry bonus crap.

If these publishers clearly are to incompetent to make a good code system in the first place, they should not be doing this annoying 16-digital code BS at all. A real publisher would have manned up and put it on the disc in the first place, instead of rewarding you with time consuming hassles as the bonus you paid for.

You paying for a hassle is a ludicrous thing in the first place.
#3Paragon-57Posted 4/21/2013 7:51:15 AM
Wow, that's weird! It's never happened to me, my code worked (got mine with my new Super Slim PS3).

Hopefully they give you a new code, that's really strange - even stranger that it's a common problem...
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#4Paragon-57Posted 4/21/2013 7:52:26 AM
Actually that is nothing, when i bought Halo Reach at launch I used a code which somehow had already been used. This is at launch, that is why I no longer buy into any of this stupid data entry bonus crap.

Really? Wow, that's pretty bad... And at launch, as well.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#5baddcomplex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:06:25 AM
Well I took the game back to Best Buy this morning and got another one.

Guess what the code doesn't work in that one either! Says it has already been used. Called Sony again but this time the guy that I talked to was more helpful. He said e-mail the receipt and code and they would issue another one. So I will see how this mess goes before I take the game back for a 3rd time.

Is all the DLC on the disc already? Because the code say its only for online pass, I was guessing that the DLC was already on the disc.
#6Emi3280Posted 4/21/2013 10:09:25 AM
Something similar happened to me, but it was actually a positive thing. I bought my Saints Row: The Third new and at launch day, and I redeemed my Online Pass, and it worked. A friend bought it used, and the online pass was already used. I knew I already used my code, and I wanted to troll him a little, so I sent him the code, thinking that it would not work for him. It actually did work, surprisingly. The same code worked twice, lol.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280