This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is MGS2 the only good MGS game?

#51Retroxgamer0Posted 4/21/2013 7:03:53 PM
i also think REmake was amazing as well
#52Suppaman234Posted 4/21/2013 7:09:52 PM
To be honest I liked all the MGS games I played so far. 2 was alright but I wish the Tanker Chapter was longer or I wish the main story took place in the actual city of Manhattan rather than on the big shell. I liked the final boss fight though.
#53Face_McShootyPosted 4/21/2013 8:10:48 PM
Strifer201 posted...
In my opinion, Metal Gear Solid is a franchise where you really can't rank the games. You expect quality and receive quality, play through the game, enjoy the story, finish, repeat, and look forward to the next installment.

All four major installments have their own unique gameplay elements, characters, and environments. It's really a rarity to have continued success like the MGS series has had.

Also, the Twin Snakes is seen poorly? The only negative thing I could say about it is it's Gamecube exclusive and I'd love for a port to PS3.

I like this guy.
---
SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!
PSN: DomesticAboose / Face_McStabby
#54cloud4124Posted 4/21/2013 11:15:16 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
MGS1's story is flawed. Why is liquid snake trying so hard for solid snake to get killed by foxhound when it turns out he needed snake to be alive to activate rex -_-

remember the fight with vulcan raven in tank?? liquid told raven to let snake go... he didnt tell raven to kill snake
---
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz
#55PinkPikachuPosted 4/21/2013 11:59:49 PM
mgs2 was bad, you played as raiden
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#56Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 12:18:39 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
i loved twin snakes it was my favorite one. then mgs3 is a close second. 2 and 4 were the worst two to me. 2 is much too convoluted for my tastes, and 4 lacked any serious gameplay. mgs1 was my fav one though and twin snakes is the only version id play--the ps one version aged horribly. the remake is perfect, prob the best game on the gamecube ever. im not sure why anyone would dislike twin snakes maybe youve been talking to a niche group, almost everyone ive ever spoken to agrees its the best one, and it sells for like a hundred dollars lol

Because even if you were to forgive the inferior VA, it doesn't use the original MGSaga soundtrack, it doesn't use the MGS1-3 controls, it's balancing is out, and most importantly the presentation and story unfolding are not faithful to the original.

It's a good/great game, but not part of MGSaga.
It's like if Holywood played the real MGS1 and made a movie out of it.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#57pb409Posted 4/22/2013 12:34:53 AM
MGS2 and MGS4 are tied as the worst MGS in the series.
#58NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/22/2013 12:56:51 AM
no MGS3>MGS1>MGS4>MGS2

This post nailed it.

Only a crazy person would say MGS2 is the best in the series.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#59Ace_DefectivePosted 4/22/2013 1:03:23 AM
MGS2 is my favorite but I definitely wouldn't call the game the only good one in the series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, tri-Ace.
#60RPG maniac87Posted 4/22/2013 1:26:48 AM
MGS2 > MGS 1 > MGS4 >>> MGS3
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)