This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell happened to Insomniac?

#1CloakandStaggerPosted 4/21/2013 9:38:01 AM
Why are they a subpar company now?
---
http://i.imgur.com/55YEvP7.gif
#2LinkinLawgPosted 4/21/2013 9:47:28 AM
2 reasons:

1. They let EA publish their game
2. They turned down an offer for Sony to buy them.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#3MourningReignsPosted 4/21/2013 9:49:30 AM(edited)
They've always been subpar. All their games have been derivative and just boring to play. Maybe they were better on past gens (I never played them before PS3) but when playing games this gen, it felt like I was playing outdated games with a pretty coat of paint.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4DelsinRowePosted 4/21/2013 9:54:50 AM
MourningReigns posted...
They've always been subpar. All their games have been derivative and just boring to play. Maybe they were better on past gens (I never played them before PS3) but when playing games this gen, it felt like I was playing outdated games with a pretty coat of paint.

Says they've always been subpar. Then proceeds to say he never played an Insomniac game before PS3.

There's your problem.
---
You are not in control.
#5SonicNashPosted 4/21/2013 9:56:04 AM
After ACiT, they been just making mediocre spin-off of Ratchet & Clank.
#6MourningReignsPosted 4/21/2013 9:56:35 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
MourningReigns posted...

Says they've always been subpar. Then proceeds to say he never played an Insomniac game before PS3.

There's your problem.

Well, I guess I don't like 3rd person shooters that masquerade as a platformers. All of their games are the same with a different character.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#7THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/21/2013 10:01:24 AM
MourningReigns posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
MourningReigns posted...

There's your problem.

Well, I guess I don't like 3rd person shooters that masquerade as a platformers. All of their games are the same with a different character.

Ratchet and Clank are 3rd person shooters? What the......Play the games first.

Seem more like RPG's than a 3rd person shooter.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#8MourningReignsPosted 4/21/2013 10:03:14 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
MourningReigns posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
MourningReigns posted...

There's your problem.

Really? The entire focus on the series is crazy guns and it has pathetic platforming sections. It's almost as bad as the Uncharted series of platforming, but at least you control where you jump.

I beat Crack in Time, and the platforming is less than basic.
---
#9SonicNashPosted 4/21/2013 10:03:21 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
MourningReigns posted...

There's your problem.

Don't mind him, he doesn't have common sense.
#10SonicNashPosted 4/21/2013 10:05:34 AM
MourningReigns posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
MourningReigns posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
MourningReigns posted...

There's your problem.

Really? The entire focus on the series is crazy guns and it has pathetic platforming sections. It's almost as bad as the Uncharted series of platforming, but at least you control where you jump.

I beat Crack in Time, and the platforming is less than basic.

Because the part with Clank involved so much shooting!!! Or the space exploration with optional planets that has only platforming.

You didn't play the game, if you really did, you have no common sense.