This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something more annoying than dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX...

#31Lockheart34Posted 4/21/2013 2:46:20 PM(edited)
3D Dot Game Heroes Dash Courses, no patch for EU version. Impossible, can't do them.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Combat Challenges. Never been good at the combat though.

Shadow of the Colossus. Hard Time Attack Colossus 3 and 15. Almost feels luck based, which is controller throwing annoying.

Yakuza 3. Every. Single. Mini-game. All of them.

The Lightning Bolts in FFX were easy, just don't count how many you are dodging. Set a time period instead. Got it on my first try this way.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#32GunzleaderPosted 4/21/2013 2:47:44 PM
ive had major experience using macro controllers for ps2... IF any exist for Ps3 it may be possible to program the seconds for dodgeing bolts... just saying...
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#33SoaringDivePosted 4/21/2013 3:09:29 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
majin nemesis posted...
Except they aren't. Yeah, they're some of the few games that have QTE's that don't intrude as much, but QTE's are flawed by nature. No matter how awesome you try to make a QTE, it still can't compare to being able to do the same and many more with the actual gameplay mechanics, rather than pressing buttons in scripted cutscenes.

except they are some games have good QTE besides what exactly is wrong with QTE?
maybe you're just not very good at them or something

It's the opposite... QTE's require no skill. And they're always the same, which means that they restrict gameplay. Developers use QTE's because they aren't competent enough to create the same kind of experience through gameplay.

While QTE's aren't always 'bad', giving the same kind of experience through actual gameplay mechanics is always better. On top of that, this generation QTE's have mostly no real use. They're just thrown in because it's on their list or something. Just look at how many games use QTE's for dumb events like pushing rocks or opening doors and chests -__-

Except that you can't have the same experience with your regular gameplay mechanics. When you try to do that, you get the Bed of Chaos (Dark Souls). It's there for interactive cinematics. You could be entirely stupid (as a developer), and completely change the controls for one specific part of the game so that you could have the cinematic aspect to it, but unless they broke the flow by putting in a tutorial you'd agree that would be the stupidest idea.

So, QTE's it is, so that you don't randomly take away all of the player's control.

And, so Rhythm games don't require any skill? The entire genre is just QTE's.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#34DtheBruiserPosted 4/21/2013 4:34:37 PM
came to say asuras wrath but it looks like youve already covered qte
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#35kaiser ryuPosted 4/21/2013 4:39:27 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
TauriLeader posted...
It was annoying but it was easy. I spammed the same bolt over and over and got it in 10 minutes. I had more problems with the butterflies.

lies

Nah, Butterflies were worse than Lightning bolts as long as you had No Encounters or whatever.

Eh, I personally have an extremely easy time with butterflies, absolutely have no patience for lightning dodging so I just don't do it and getting 0.0 in the chocobo race is just about the only thing in gaming to induce full on hissy fit rage with me, and it's the one I routinely force myself to do each replay.

FFIX's jump rope isn't so bad because I don't aim to punish myself past 200.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#36AlltraPosted 4/21/2013 4:44:56 PM
I didn't find the Lightning Dodging too terrible in FFX. I wouldn't wanna have to do it again though...

Now, that whole Jump Rope thing in FFIX is really awful too, but I have one that's even worse.

The Chime Mini-Game in BoF 2. Holy hell, has anyone ever legitimately completed that?
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#37ShinAkuma777Posted 4/21/2013 5:01:00 PM(edited)
Just look at how many games use QTE's for dumb events like pushing rocks or opening doors and chests -__-

i agree with this mashing a button to do something like opening a door, chest, gate, etc is just annoying

Yakuza 3. Every. Single. Mini-game. All of them.

oh man yes this only thing im decent at is darts shame they aren't any easier in 4
---
only bobo knows how to work your nipples
Check my page for kungfu http://www.youtube.com/user/thuggofdablock
#38Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/21/2013 5:19:49 PM
majin nemesis posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
Rope jumping minigame from FF9, anyone?

This

FINAL FANTASY IX has the absolute worst minigames of all time in a RPG, outside Chocobo Hot n' Cold, and that's only because it has Chocobos and Vamo' Alla Flamenco.

Rope Skip is the worst.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#39kaiser ryuPosted 4/21/2013 5:33:53 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
majin nemesis posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
Rope jumping minigame from FF9, anyone?

This

FINAL FANTASY IX has the absolute worst minigames of all time in a RPG, outside Chocobo Hot n' Cold, and that's only because it has Chocobos and Vamo' Alla Flamenco.

Rope Skip is the worst.

Hmm, I like FFIX's minigames. Rope Skip and Hippaul Racing may be difficult but they aren't required by any means. Tetra Master is again not required for anything and is widely enjoyed. The only one that is required for aiding in the overall game or for completion is Hot and Cold and I really like that game.

All of FFX's minigames are abysmal outside of Blitzball. Their premises suck and the controls for all of them are suckier. FFX's saving grace is again Blitzbal which I do find to be enjoyable. I'd still put X as having overall worse minigames exacerbated by them all being tied to Celestial Weapon acquisition.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#40AlltraPosted 4/21/2013 5:57:45 PM(edited)
"Rope Skip and Hippaul Racing may be difficult but they aren't required by any means."

I despise this mentality so goddamn much. It doesn't matter if it's optional or not, and the difficulty doesn't matter either. If it's not fun, it shouldn't be there, end of discussion. It being optional is not justification for bad content.

"All of FFX's minigames are abysmal outside of Blitzball."

I still liked Chocobo Racing, and Blitzball was alright I just hated how time consuming it could be to earn prizes for it. The rest were mostly "Meh", as in I don't feel strongly about them one way or another, except for Doding Lighting which is something I can't say I enjoyed all that much.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.