This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something more annoying than dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX...

#51Captain_UraharaPosted 4/21/2013 8:58:55 PM
Aura_of_Apathy posted...
Collecting all the f***ing blast shards in Infamous 1. I drew out maps of the three islands, scaled the details, and coded in where all the approximate locations of the blast shards should be. Somehow never found that last one, gave up on that platinum. I searched EVERYWHERE.

That was annoying. I managed to get them all though. I'm glad they made it much more bearable in inFAMOUS 2 when you could get a powerup that would show you where the shards are.
#52TwylaPosted 4/21/2013 10:14:42 PM
The Chocobo race to get the Sun Sigil for Tidus was far worse. So damn frustrating. The lightning bolt dodging was simple (though harrowing) once I planned it out and got the timing down.
---
"If we don't break the egg's shell, the omelette will never be made."
-Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
#53NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/22/2013 1:04:04 AM
Collecting all the f***ing blast shards in Infamous 1. I drew out maps of the three islands, scaled the details, and coded in where all the approximate locations of the blast shards should be. Somehow never found that last one, gave up on that platinum. I searched EVERYWHERE.

Not as bad as trying to collect the crap in Spider-Man 2 & 3.
Imagine 3 times as more stuff to collect in a city 5 times bigger & with much taller building.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#54lostnumberwarPosted 4/22/2013 1:32:14 AM(edited)
Work Time Fun. Pendemonium.
Here's a video.
http://youtu.be/xmvGBqjgNCw?t=20m6s
They only play for a little bit in the video however pendemonium can go on for as long as you like, in some cases for me, when extremely bored, it can go on for several hours.
---
I think, therefore I don't care.
#55Taran_McDohlPosted 4/22/2013 2:41:15 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Nothing simpler than slapping down a turbo controller and dodging 200 lightning bolts.

If you hit the button to many times the game punishes you and shocks you anyways. Nice try though.
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#56Shadow CloudPosted 4/22/2013 5:43:55 AM
What makes dodging the lightning bolts annoying was that the music had that soothing, relaxed quality to it that can easily put you to sleep if you're tired.
#57ShinAkuma777Posted 4/22/2013 6:04:01 AM
Aura_of_Apathy posted...

yeah that one took a bit ended up being the one on the broken docks for me **** doesn't even show up til you're like a foot from it
---
only bobo knows how to work your nipples
Check my page for kungfu http://www.youtube.com/user/thuggofdablock
#584sakuraHa0Posted 4/22/2013 6:21:20 AM
Bissomoneybags posted...
Watching every single commsphere, including every little scene of Chapter 4 in FFX-2 to get 100%. This is definitely going to annoy me in the remaster*_*

The keyword here is to get 100%.

If you don't want to do it, don't get 100% and you definitely won't get annoyed.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#59beezer08Posted 4/22/2013 6:23:52 AM
I'd say the chocobo racing was more annoying. Dodging lightning was very easy to me.
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#60TyrantLowKeyPosted 4/22/2013 7:57:07 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Rope jumping minigame from FF9, anyone?

Made my OCD not be able to enjoy that game ever. Esp. when you combine that with the Sword Fighting mini w/o the ability to skip scenes (atleast from what I remember about the whole thing).
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)