This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Flamelurker in Demon's Souls on my 2nd try.

#1pug_lifePosted 4/21/2013 10:05:11 AM
Would've been my first but i accidentally hit the left button on the D-Pad instead of down button(to change grass to full) and it removed my shield :/

Great boss with an awesome boss room but definitely not as hard as Stray Demon, Seath, Ornstein and Smough, 4 Kings, Kalameet, Artorias, or Manus from Dark Souls. Someone made a top 10 list saying this was the hardest boss of the series. LOL.

Lvl 35 Barbarian
20 Vitality 21 Endurance 22 Strength 12 Dexterity
Bastard Sword +5
Purple Flame Shield
Thief Ring
Cling Ring(was human though)
---
I am the pug, THE BIG BAD PUUUUUUUG PSN:bradythegiant88
#2nonexistingheroPosted 4/21/2013 10:09:42 AM
Flamelurker is pretty easy, IMO.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3archizzyPosted 4/21/2013 10:12:41 AM
I don't think any of the bosses were that hard but I found him to be one of the few that weren't just plain easy unless you cheese him which pretty much all bosses can be cheesed.

I think only flame lurker, man eater, and false king allant were worthy of being bosses. Old monk online has the potential depending on who you face. Offline he is nothing.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#4pug_life(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:14:40 AM
archizzy posted...
I don't think any of the bosses were that hard but I found him to be one of the few that weren't just plain easy unless you cheese him which pretty much all bosses can be cheesed.

I think only flame lurker, man eater, and false king allant were worthy of being bosses. Old monk online has the potential depending on who you face. Offline he is nothing.

Is Old Monk the one you can invade and play as? Do people still do that?

And how do you cheese Flamelurker?
---
#5koalabear9000Posted 4/21/2013 10:15:56 AM
IMO Seath and Stray Demon are both much easier than Flamelurker. It's been a while though when I last beat Flamelurker.
#6NayikoPosted 4/21/2013 10:17:14 AM
pug_life posted...
archizzy posted...

Old Monk can randomly summon people hanging around in 3-2 and 3-3 to fight you when you go to kill him. With the game being added on the PSN, traffic has picked up quite a bit.

You can get Flamelurker stuck on the pillars on the opposite side you enter at and just barrage him with arrows and he can't do anything about it. Purple Flame Shield is still pretty much cheesing him though.
#7archizzyPosted 4/21/2013 10:17:51 AM
pug_life posted...
archizzy posted...

Old monk is boss at end of world 3. You can be summoned to be someone else's boss and when you fight him another player has been summoned.

As for flame lurker you can position him so he gets stuck and then just pelt him.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#8pug_life(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:21:06 AM
Nayiko posted...

You can get Flamelurker stuck on the pillars on the opposite side you enter at and just barrage him with arrows and he can't do anything about it. Purple Flame Shield is still pretty much cheesing him though.

I don't feel as good about beating him now :(

At least i didn't have the flame resistance ring.

Also Dragon God was such a damn letdown, f**k that thing
---
#9RayconPosted 4/21/2013 10:22:56 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Flamelurker is pretty easy, IMO.

I thought so too. Now on NG++ on the other hand... he puts up quite a challenge, I thought.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#10justchill433Posted 4/21/2013 10:25:36 AM
Nayiko posted...

I don't feel as good about beating him now :(

At least i didn't have the flame resistance ring.

Also Dragon God was such a damn letdown, f**k that thing

Using the flame shield is not cheesing him. You would be idiotic not to use it against him (assuming you have the stats). Oh, and yes, Dragon God is disappointing and annoying.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*