This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm playing through Lords of Shadow and I've realized...

#1Zartic4lifePosted 4/21/2013 12:53:17 PM
that I am REALLY tired of video game conventions. I'm fine with the story (through cut scenes) broken up with some hack and slash (and times boring) gameplay BUT then there has to be some time wasting trivial puzzle segment of pull this lever here and waste and a couple of minutes to extend the game while providing zero entertainment value (sorry the for rant/run on sentence).

What video game convention are you SICK of and wish would just go away.

Oh, and those damn barrels (at least Dark Souls makes fun of it).....
---
Trolls 4 life!
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5396/photo26b.jpg
#2warrenmatsPosted 4/21/2013 12:57:23 PM
i liked LoS, but I honestly thought that game was way too long for it's genre.

Chapter 9 was totally unnecessary, and the vampire castle dragged on for too long.
---
:D
#3NarutoPosted 4/21/2013 1:30:39 PM
Box puzzles. If I actually liked those, I'd buy one of those 99 cent (or FREE) apps.
#4SoaringDivePosted 4/21/2013 1:41:14 PM(edited)
Puzzles are there because you need highs and lows. If it's all fight after fight, then the combat will get boring and monotonous, no matter how many combos or set pieces you throw in. Funny thing is that LoS hardly does conventional story telling (cutscenes), it's mainly done through the load screens - rarely do you hear Robert Carlyte speak!

I'm tired of guns. Not shooters, but guns. The ability to shoot a bullet and have it reach the enemy a kilometer away in two seconds is so freaking boring. There's no aspect of evasion - that's why they have cover shooters. A fun game would balance offense and evasion/defense, but because guns shoot so fast the only thing to do is camp or hide behind a wall (in a cover shooter). Of course, with the world still circlejerking over war and military, we're only going to see inclines in these kinds of boring games.

In Kid Icarus: Uprising, all the attacks are slowed down and they added homing to most attacks. This makes the aspect of dodging and being able to play defensively actually exist.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive