This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM won. Where the f*** is Xcom 2 ?

#11dancing_cactuarPosted 4/21/2013 5:15:08 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
Another violent shooter. Who cares.

Bizzaro Murphy, this is why I went to such lengths for clarification in my post: because I knew somebody would mix the two XCOMS up.

And despite my efforts, I have failed.
#12BizzaroMurphyPosted 4/21/2013 5:20:30 PM
dancing_cactuar posted...

Bizzaro Murphy, this is why I went to such lengths for clarification in my post: because I knew somebody would mix the two XCOMS up.

Yeah, but I think he would have been mistaken either way. Looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about in general.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#13shotgunheadshotPosted 4/21/2013 5:25:27 PM(edited)
BizzaroMurphy posted...

Yeah, but I think he would have been mistaken either way. Looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about in general.

Even in ghostbusters there is still shooting involved, even if they are dead. Every game is violent pretty much except sport games and some puzzle games. People like to kill things,that's all.
#14BizzaroMurphyPosted 4/21/2013 5:45:41 PM(edited)
BizzaroMurphy posted...

Even in ghostbusters there is still shooting involved, even if they are dead. Every game is violent pretty much except sport games and some puzzle games. People like to kill things,that's all.

Capturing ghosts is violent? Nice back-peddling from "every game" to "pretty much" every game, though. Also, you keep saying games are violent then bring up killing as if they're interchangeable.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#15LAGswitchLARRY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:44:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16LAGswitchLARRY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:53:15 PM
Tell the world
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#17koalabear9000Posted 4/22/2013 3:00:05 PM
RockSauron posted...
Enemy Unknown was released 6 months ago >_>

It takes a LOT longer to make a decent game, you know. Or to even announce one.

Well AC4 got announced 6 months after AC3 was released. But yeah I think it takes awhile when new XCOM game is announced.
#18RockSauronPosted 4/22/2013 5:05:47 PM
koalabear9000 posted...
RockSauron posted...
Enemy Unknown was released 6 months ago >_>

It takes a LOT longer to make a decent game, you know. Or to even announce one.

Well AC4 got announced 6 months after AC3 was released. But yeah I think it takes awhile when new XCOM game is announced.

Well, That's different, as it is an annual title with millions of dollars and tons of development teams working on it. Basically, they had people working on it for a while at the same time as AC3. Only a few games, like that and CoD, are annualized, and even then they have tons of people working to make that happen. Something which a game like this wouldn't have, as it was a it of a risk (and wasn't that big a seller anyway).

... Course, you probably knew all that and was just trying to use an exception to do the internet thing to my arguement. But yeah, most games don't have multiple teams to juggle the release.

As for the sequel, I'm guessing it's at least a year and a half away.
---
Hi. I rawk.
#19iPr0kkaFTWPosted 4/22/2013 5:12:51 PM(edited)
XCOM may won a ton of awards (e.g. GameTrailers awarding GOTY to XCOM for every platform) but the game sold piss poor and there was hardly any interest for the game. Technically XCOM did not win.

Sales >>> Reviews

Also, I strongly believe there were a whole lot of better games than XCOM last year such as Mass Effect 3 and Far Cry 3.
#20RockSauronPosted 4/22/2013 5:11:07 PM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
XCOM may won a ton of awards (e.g. GameTrailers awarding GOTY to XCOM for every platform) but the game should piss poor and there was hardly any interest for the game. Technically XCOM did not win.

Sales >>> Reviews

Not CoD numbers =/= Piss Poor.

It sold well enough.
---
Hi. I rawk.