This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

160gb HDD question.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 160gb HDD question.
2 years ago#1
Is it normal for a "160"gb hdd to have a little over 130gb free of 149gb?

Thanks for any help.
2 years ago#2
Yes because the system uses up some of the space.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
2 years ago#3
Then shouldn't I have more then 130gb free? It's a completely reformatted "empty" drive. Was the 160gb never truly 160gbs? Thanks again.
2 years ago#4
The 149 GB is the real size and then the PS3 uses 10 % of the remaining space for cache memory.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
2 years ago#5
Yeah, I though they'd take ten, but I thought that would leave me with at least 140, so I feel cheated out of at least 10gigs. Oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 160gb HDD question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived