This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FIFA producer wants Call of Duty players to play FIFA, to exceed expectations.

#1Paragon-57Posted 4/21/2013 8:13:58 PM
FIFA 14 producer Sebastian Enrique has said that he wants the football series to outsell the Call of Duty franchise.

The EA Sports executive said that Activision's military shooter line is as much a competitor to FIFA as Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer.

"I respect Konami a lot and they produce good games. A lot of people have played their games for ages," he told MCV. "I think having competition is a good thing but we don't consider competition to just be Pro Evolution Soccer. Call of Duty is also competition.

"People that are playing Call of Duty are not playing FIFA. We want them to play FIFA and we want to achieve that by creating the best possible game that we can create.

"That's what we focus on. We want to exceed everyone's expectations and exceed our own expectations and create the best game. Competition or not, these goal are not going to change for us."

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a474822/fifa-boss-wants-series-to-be-bigger-than-call-of-duty.html
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#2Boywonder1Posted 4/21/2013 8:15:31 PM
I've played both and FIFA owns CoD
#3PStrifePosted 4/21/2013 8:38:01 PM
Their series has required an online pass for quite awhile now, this guy can't be serious.

If you want CoD style sales the first step is to actually act like you want to be CoD. Playing the gimping game is not encouraging behavior, don't these videogame guys no anything?
#4J SasakiPosted 4/21/2013 8:41:29 PM
I played the hell out of FIFA 08 back in the day, so I bought FIFA 13 on its launch day. Then I returned it a week later because I didn't like the user interface and was disappointed that the game kept its cartoon visual style and silly running animation. The game is too arcadey for my liking also.

FIFA could have more buyers among serious soccer fans who don't already play FIFA if the games progressively become more sim-oriented with visuals like the NBA 2K games, ie players who look more photorealistic and move more naturally. The next generation of hardware makes it possible and I do think soccer will become a little more popular in North America.
#5J SasakiPosted 4/21/2013 8:45:16 PM
I should add that I think the COD games will decrease in popularity a little, so I think it's possible for FIFA sales to be on par with COD sales.
#6ShineboxerPosted 4/21/2013 10:05:31 PM
I should add that I think the COD games will decrease in popularity a little, so I think it's possible for FIFA sales to be on par with COD sales.

nonsense
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#7wstfldPosted 4/21/2013 10:06:41 PM
Well, I do buy FIFA every year and haven't bought COD since MW2.
---
Last Played: Star Craft 2 HOTS (9.5/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Mortal Kombat (Vita), God of War Ascension
#8kingofall214Posted 4/21/2013 10:08:32 PM
Why would I play FIFA when I don't care about soccer (football for the rest of the world)?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#9ShinXaguraPosted 4/21/2013 10:16:43 PM
That's a ultra hard task to have a soccer game out sell a famous shooting game.
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#10tactikz4Posted 4/21/2013 10:16:56 PM
My friends play FIFA everyday and they don't like COD. Also I could say FIFA players should play COD too. Also this stupid online pass crap needs to die. If my friend wanna try a game online and see How it works he can't even do it because of this crap.
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
BF3/Black Ops 2 My Fav Multiplayer.