This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

...what is this all about? anyone else getting messages like this on PSN?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 4/21/2013 8:37:20 PM
well, one of my PSN friends sent a message that seems like the usual kinda spam crap you get... it has a PS store code in it and the message is telling me its for $50, and something about the ps3's birthday, or... something.

i cant help but notice some of the bad grammar in it, too.

this same friend also sent a message quite some time ago about two usernames that will try to add you, but are actually viruses on PSN... so i dont even know whether or not i should leave him on my list, anymore, since he seems to become a bot or something... either that, or he's just prone to giving in to chain letters because he's probably a coward.

well, maybe "friend" is a bit much, i think he's just someone i met on gamefaqs to play a game with a couple times, but still.

anyone else getting things like that?

incase anyone else might know him, his PSN is VirusChris ...yeah, not the best choice of name, i think... anyway, the two names he warned me about before are these...

Nissefar and Nivek

those are the names the message said were actually viruses, and to avoid adding them as friends.

just figured i'd post this, incase anyone has something to say about it.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2pug_lifePosted 4/21/2013 8:42:24 PM
What ACTUALLY happens when you enter that one i8ph code that's been circulating for years.
---
I am the pug, THE BIG BAD PUUUUUUUG PSN:bradythegiant88
#3Captain_UraharaPosted 4/21/2013 8:42:40 PM
That $50 code has been circulating thru PSN for quite some time now. I've seen it coupled with so many messages.
- PS3 birthday
- Thank you for being a customer
- Apology for the PSN blackout
and so on

It's fake and unusable.

I've never heard of the "viruses" trying to add people on PSN. That's pretty laughable.

This is all just chainletter BS.
#4ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 8:50:09 PM
Captain_Urahara posted...
This is all just chainletter BS.

ok, good to know... i guess he's just a fool who believes chain letters, then... i'll tell him to stop, if he doesnt, then i guess thats one less person to play games with. :/
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#5BurgerTime79Posted 4/21/2013 8:55:09 PM
I had a co-worker of mine on my friend list last year who sent me one of these messages, and it took me yelling at him at work to knock it off. Eventually he sent another one, and he went right onto my ignore list.

I don't know how people can even still be falling for this BS. Would like to have a little bit more faith in humanity, but it seems like people would actually fall for the wallet inspector, or actually question his validity.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#6crazyman32Posted 4/21/2013 9:06:49 PM
This is one of the oldest scam messages on PSN.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#7DemiFistPosted 4/21/2013 10:01:29 PM
The moment I receive one of these stupid messages I delete the sender.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#8ShinXaguraPosted 4/21/2013 10:08:03 PM
Ouch! I'm glad I don't have that problem.
---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#9boredofyouPosted 4/21/2013 10:34:06 PM
I actually get these messages from people who aren't on my list, all the time!
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#10InfernoSDPosted 4/21/2013 10:40:58 PM
hey guys repost this topic on every board to make chain letters stop i promise it will work
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/