This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you buy DmC if...

#21Kit_SakurazukaPosted 4/21/2013 11:57:12 PM
Nope! I hated the change, but was cautiously hoping that the game might have an enjoyable story as long as I pretended it was just another game full of characters pretentiously named after the cast of the Divine Comedy and not actually related to Devil May Cry in any way...

And then I started actually watching trailers.

I'm not usually one to complain about the objectification of women in games, but DmC just wallows in it. I don't think a female character was ever referred to without being called a 'B' or a 'whore'...I'd prefer enemies intelligent enough to come up with wittier taunts than 'Donte, yo momma was a whore!!', but failing that, strong language ought to be used sparingly, or it loses its effect and just starts sounding silly. Then you have at least two extremely gratuitous sex scenes (Random pole dancers? REALLY?) that don't seem to serve much purpose besides jacking up the rating?

Now, if they released a patch that altered the script of the game so that people would start calling Sparda a whore too, and gave me the option to have Dante pick up a couple of male strippers for that puerile opener, I'd might consider picking up a copy.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia), Hakuoki: DotFB, GoC: Pandora's Reflection.
#22kaiser ryuPosted 4/21/2013 11:57:55 PM
Sighto posted...
Their appearances are fine. It was the poor gameplay and trashy writing that killed DmC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4cWu-0g2P8

The writing was always a joke. The change to DmC is about as zero-sum as it gets. Seriously, the script for that scene calls for tears to fall onto her cheeks. The series was beyond hyper cheese.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#23theshovellerPosted 4/22/2013 12:02:07 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
Sighto posted...
Their appearances are fine. It was the poor gameplay and trashy writing that killed DmC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4cWu-0g2P8

The writing was always a joke. The change to DmC is about as zero-sum as it gets. Seriously, the script for that scene calls for tears to fall onto her cheeks. The series was beyond hyper cheese.

I keep thinking of this same exact scene whenever anyone says that the new Devil May Cry had horrible writing. Really? It was horrible? We're.... we're thinking of the same series here, right?
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#24SophaerLam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:05:44 AM
So will you buy DMC5 if it had the skin of Donte and Vorgil but with the original gameplay and taunting?