This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In a few years, do you think people look back at the FF XIII saga and say...

#21RPG maniac87Posted 4/22/2013 7:53:28 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Next, 60% of FF XIII buyers did not buy XIII-2. Not because they didnt like XIII-2, but more likely that they were not happy with XIII to bother buying it's sequel.

Do you have a source other than Johnson & Johnson?
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#22king_maddenPosted 4/22/2013 10:27:56 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Next, 60% of FF XIII buyers did not buy XIII-2. Not because they didnt like XIII-2, but more likely that they were not happy with XIII to bother buying it's sequel.

That could be true, when XIII-2 came out, it looked like more of the same from XIII, with a few changes, the only reason I can see that people would just flatout not buy it is due to the dislike of 13. its not like it was just getting terrible reviews everywhere.

why do you think so few people bought 13-2? EVERYONE saw gameplay vids, or were turned off by the decent reviews?
#23pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/22/2013 10:32:42 AM
I think it will be forgotten the fanboys and defenders will try to force it down our throats, but they will just become another game in the long list of games.

Its not good enough could have had a lot of potential just ended up falling flat on its face. And yes 60% did not buy XIII-2 because XIII left a bad taste in there mouths.

You went from nearly 8 million down to 3 million, thats over half of the fans not buying the sequel, plus with all that damn DLC for the damn coliseum turned people off even more.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#24zeth07Posted 4/22/2013 10:36:16 AM
kkTheKiller42 posted...
It was actually ok ?

I think it is "ok" already. It's definitely not "great", and it'd be a stretch to say it's even "good", but I at least think they are "ok" games.

Perfect>Great>Good>Ok>Bad>Terrible>Trash. And I don't think there is a such thing as a "perfect" game anyway. By these standards, I'd say the FFXIII games are "ok", with FFXIII-2 possibly being "good" or at least in some regards better than FFXIII but that's subjective anyway.

kkTheKiller42 posted...

Personally XIII was one of my favorites.

Crazy talk, lol.
#25Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 10:36:44 AM
king_madden posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

That could be true, when XIII-2 came out, it looked like more of the same from XIII, with a few changes, the only reason I can see that people would just flatout not buy it is due to the dislike of 13. its not like it was just getting terrible reviews everywhere.

why do you think so few people bought 13-2? EVERYONE saw gameplay vids, or were turned off by the decent reviews?

Few people bought FINAL FANTASY XIII-2?
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is by far from the 3rd, the #2 Best Selling side game of all time, only behind FINAL FANTASY X-2, which has had 9 years more time on the Market.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#26DualShooter23Posted 4/22/2013 10:36:46 AM
Actually ok? what in the world? How many people topics need to be made to show that there are people who love these games!? I loved XIII. After so many polls and topics.........its obvious many don't like it, but there are even more who did enjoy it. Some more than others. Like myself.
---
Currently Playing: UMVC3(Nova, Spence, Doom), Persona 4 & P4A(Chie), Xenoblade Chronicles ,Injustice(Black Adam), and Guacamelee!
#27PhaseSlaethePosted 4/22/2013 10:37:22 AM
Why do people consistently confuse "favorite" with "good"?

I can find flaws in all of my favorite games. And yet they are STILL my favorites.
#28tracazoidPosted 4/22/2013 10:51:14 AM(edited)
Nah, XIII is a game full of bad game design where it's strengths come from being cut from the cloth of X-2 and previous title and the changes from that cloth aren't for the better. As far as I'm concerned it's X-2 Lite, it has had all the strengths(quick and flashy combat) and flaws of X-2 and more...well outside of the massage scene in X-2...(can't care about the cast or story, looking at you Brother and most of his crew in X-2 as well as the entirety of XIII cast particularly Hope and Snow).

It did nothing better than X-2, which outside of combat(which is the best in the series) is hardly up there with the best of them.

Paradigm shifts are also not much more then an excuse to change jobs on the fly(which you could do in X-2, with more jobs even) yet it's mainly to make up for the poor A.I. partners you're stuck with so instead of actually pressing anything. They could make it so your poor A.I. partners are having to jump jobs quickly to fill a role or just I don't know let me control them. The combat system isn't that fast that I can't keep up with manual input, yet nope poor A.I.

It has a worse story than X-2, a worse combat system, a worse cast...and once again outside of combat X-2 isn't a spectacular game, it has its own faults.

So no, it will likely go down as the bad one(like 2), unless there's a worse one that comes out in the future.
#29raigePosted 4/22/2013 10:46:50 AM
FF13 itself was a decent game. I'm not gonna defend the entire FF13 saga though; they are straight up milking it.
#30king_maddenPosted 4/22/2013 10:56:28 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
king_madden posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

Few people bought FINAL FANTASY XIII-2?
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is by far from the 3rd, the #2 Best Selling side game of all time, only behind FINAL FANTASY X-2, which has had 9 years more time on the Market.

i meant few compared to 13, when 13 sells about 5 million, but 13-2 fails to reach 2 and a half, thats a giant drop.