This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In a few years, do you think people look back at the FF XIII saga and say...

#31TomoEK9Posted 4/22/2013 10:07:53 AM
Zetgob posted...
The FF franchise has one of the most divided fanbases out there. It's actually I think one of the series strong points, as it's due to the fact they are constantly trying new things. Not everything works for everyone, so they seem to make as many new haters as they do fans with each release. It's almost impressive really.

Not surprising considering despite being a series, every game is different. Different mechanics, different setting, different characters, different story.

Everyone likes something different, maybe the characters of one game, the setting of another, the mechanics of another. In the end, everyone likes different games for different reasons and hates different games for different reasons.

With the sequels, it creates fans for those games more to love, and for others more to hate.
#32Godly_GoofPosted 4/22/2013 10:11:57 AM
musumane posted...
lambchips posted...
ffx is too linear to be considered great...

All FF's are linear as heck though, the world maps only made you THINK they weren't <_<;

FF6 World of Ruin says hi.

Also it'll prolly appreciate in value as the kids that try and hate on its stupid crap start growing up :/

Was a sad day when I saw people unable to grasp 13-2s story and then hating it for said story...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#33SightoPosted 4/22/2013 10:44:03 AM
king_madden posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
king_madden posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Next, 60% of FF XIII buyers did not buy XIII-2. Not because they didnt like XIII-2, but more likely that they were not happy with XIII to bother buying it's sequel.

Do you have a source other than Johnson & Johnson?

That could be true, when XIII-2 came out, it looked like more of the same from XIII, with a few changes, the only reason I can see that people would just flatout not buy it is due to the dislike of 13. its not like it was just getting terrible reviews everywhere.

why do you think so few people bought 13-2? EVERYONE saw gameplay vids, or were turned off by the decent reviews?

Few people bought FINAL FANTASY XIII-2?
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is by far from the 3rd, the #2 Best Selling side game of all time, only behind FINAL FANTASY X-2, which has had 9 years more time on the Market.

i meant few compared to 13, when 13 sells about 5 million, but 13-2 fails to reach 2 and a half, thats a giant drop.

Because the game was nothing like FFXIII which most people loved.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#34Chicken InspectorPosted 4/22/2013 10:52:35 AM
I loved XIII. yes it had some glaring flaws, but i think some things, like the linearity, were somewhat inevitable due to the story (always being on the run)

and it had one of my fav. game soundtracks of this gen, with SKyrim and Deus Ex HR
---
Deus Ex: When you mention it, someone is going to reinstall it.
#35Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 3:50:55 PM
king_madden posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
king_madden posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Next, 60% of FF XIII buyers did not buy XIII-2. Not because they didnt like XIII-2, but more likely that they were not happy with XIII to bother buying it's sequel.

Do you have a source other than Johnson & Johnson?

That could be true, when XIII-2 came out, it looked like more of the same from XIII, with a few changes, the only reason I can see that people would just flatout not buy it is due to the dislike of 13. its not like it was just getting terrible reviews everywhere.

why do you think so few people bought 13-2? EVERYONE saw gameplay vids, or were turned off by the decent reviews?

Few people bought FINAL FANTASY XIII-2?
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is by far from the 3rd, the #2 Best Selling side game of all time, only behind FINAL FANTASY X-2, which has had 9 years more time on the Market.

i meant few compared to 13, when 13 sells about 5 million, but 13-2 fails to reach 2 and a half, thats a giant drop.

Again, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is a side game, FINAL FANTASY side games sell alot less than the Main installments they come from.
And FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is the #2 Best Selling FINAL FANTASY side game of all time.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#36king_maddenPosted 4/22/2013 4:57:51 PM
and how many side games are there. we cant say this game is 2nd best out of poor performing games, so thats still good. fact remains if it was good, people would buy it
#37AlltraPosted 4/22/2013 5:02:00 PM(edited)
I was just thinking, that people might look back and say they were okay, in the sense that they're better than future Final Fantasy titles.

I mean, I actually used to consider FFX one of my least favorites, but by comparison to FFXIII it looks awesome.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#38Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 5:05:27 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
and how many side games are there. we cant say this game is 2nd best out of poor performing games, so thats still good. fact remains if it was good, people would buy it

Around 15.
Not counting continuations to FINAL FANTASY XI because of its nature, and because we don't have concrete standalone sales figures (still lower than XIII-2 most likely).
Not counting the official continuations of Main installments in the form of Novellas, movies, Anime, books, manga/short episodes, minigames, etc.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#39megaorpheusPosted 4/22/2013 5:09:18 PM
I thought most people hated FFXIII-2 because it's an incomplete game and you need to buy the FREAKIN DLC to get the other arc and ending..
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#40thisranksPosted 4/22/2013 5:12:21 PM
It won't matter to me what others think of it a few years from now just like the pre-release hype and hate didn't.

All that'll ever matter is what i think and not pushing it on others.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW