This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*CONFIRMED* Final Fantasy Versus XIII for Ps4 (link inside).

#21tsukia8Posted 4/22/2013 6:12:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22tsukia8Posted 4/22/2013 6:12:57 PM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
OEIO999 posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
Thamauturge posted...
I don't think you know the definition of the word "Confirmed" TC
#23megaorpheusPosted 4/22/2013 6:24:07 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
megaorpheus posted...
to be honest..
I really can't see this game as a PS4 exclusive..
multi-platform PS3 and PS4, maybe.. heck throw in X-Box360 at that multi-platform and is still more believable..but not as a PS4 exclusive..
marketing and sales wise, it's a bad move..
unless, the game is co-funded by Sony.. but, seeing how cheap Sony is.., I highly doubt that

What's unknown now is what engine is the game running on?

Is it still using the Crystal Tools Engine with just the Luminous Engine for various lighting effects? Because the Crystal Tools engine is PS3 specific.

Or is it using the newer Luminous Engine which was created and more suitable for next gen consoles?

Putting it on PS4 with Crystal Tools engine would seem like its holding itself back among the other launch titles...

okay, the game has been in development since when? 2006?
imagine how much money do you think they've invested in R & D for this game only..
if they're going to release this as a PS4 exclusive only they're going to lose potential customers from the PS3 gamers..

that's why I said releasing this game as multi-platform is more believe-able than as a PS4 exclusive to cover their financial loses..

as for the engine, I don't know.. even for this generation engine, crystal tools is pretty cutting-edge technology.. and luminous engine.., is this engine not compatible for the PS3?
anyway, there's also a chance that the PS4 version is going to be better than the PS3 one just for the sake of reeling in those customers to buy PS4..
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#24Chicken InspectorPosted 4/23/2013 6:18:01 AM
megaorpheus posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
megaorpheus posted...
to be honest..
I really can't see this game as a PS4 exclusive..
multi-platform PS3 and PS4, maybe.. heck throw in X-Box360 at that multi-platform and is still more believable..but not as a PS4 exclusive..
marketing and sales wise, it's a bad move..
unless, the game is co-funded by Sony.. but, seeing how cheap Sony is.., I highly doubt that

What's unknown now is what engine is the game running on?

Is it still using the Crystal Tools Engine with just the Luminous Engine for various lighting effects? Because the Crystal Tools engine is PS3 specific.

Or is it using the newer Luminous Engine which was created and more suitable for next gen consoles?

Putting it on PS4 with Crystal Tools engine would seem like its holding itself back among the other launch titles...

okay, the game has been in development since when? 2006?
imagine how much money do you think they've invested in R & D for this game only..
if they're going to release this as a PS4 exclusive only they're going to lose potential customers from the PS3 gamers..

that's why I said releasing this game as multi-platform is more believe-able than as a PS4 exclusive to cover their financial loses..

as for the engine, I don't know.. even for this generation engine, crystal tools is pretty cutting-edge technology.. and luminous engine.., is this engine not compatible for the PS3?
anyway, there's also a chance that the PS4 version is going to be better than the PS3 one just for the sake of reeling in those customers to buy PS4..

my biggest fear. Also, isn't the engine/processor/cpu=whatchamathingy (tech illiterate here, sorry) for the PS3 so different from any other gaming tech out there that it makes multiplatforming and just developing games for it that much more different/difficult? Or am I missing something here...I think that was a reason why it no longer has backwards compatibility...
---
Deus Ex: When you mention it, someone is going to reinstall it.