This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Square Enix?

#91FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 4/22/2013 4:55:02 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
I think the only exception was maybe the 3DS one.

No its common knowledge and majority of opinion that Birth By Sleep was the best handheld KH. I have the 3DS one and it sucks..

Still doesn't hurt my point. lol I still didn't buy a 3DS.
#92Blaze3244Posted 4/22/2013 5:00:44 PM
Guybrush26 posted...
Loved Squaresoft. Square Enix, not so much.
#93Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 5:01:17 PM
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
and its always super tolerate to be sarcastic about the games you didn't play. Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG were mega successful titles.

But we didn't get to play them, Square was THAT good.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#94VeladusPosted 4/22/2013 5:01:44 PM
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
Veladus posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
and its always super tolerate to be sarcastic about the games you didn't play. Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG were mega successful titles.

Not according to Square!

http://www.infendo.com/square-says-chrono-trigger-isnt-popular-tells-fans-to-buy-more-copies/

All the respect in the world for CT. Not a shred of respect for SE. Utter contempt for Hashimoto.

Didn't DS sales in general just not do so great as time went on? Especially when compared to the orig. gameboy? I'm honestly not sure, because I'm too lazy to look it up. But, I'd definitely believe without a doubt that the SNES might've out sold the DS one.

I can't imagine that a crappy handheld port would do as well as the original did. Anyway, my point was that it's hard to blame people for not respecting SS's classics when SE themselves don't even respect them.
#95FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 4/22/2013 5:02:50 PM
Veladus posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
Veladus posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...

Not according to Square!

http://www.infendo.com/square-says-chrono-trigger-isnt-popular-tells-fans-to-buy-more-copies/

All the respect in the world for CT. Not a shred of respect for SE. Utter contempt for Hashimoto.

Didn't DS sales in general just not do so great as time went on? Especially when compared to the orig. gameboy? I'm honestly not sure, because I'm too lazy to look it up. But, I'd definitely believe without a doubt that the SNES might've out sold the DS one.

I can't imagine that a crappy handheld port would do as well as the original did. Anyway, my point was that it's hard to blame people for not respecting SS's classics when SE themselves don't even respect them.

That's a good point.
#96Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 5:08:04 PM
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
uh yeah, I liked up until FF9 and that was on PS1 before the merger. So, uh, yeah, I did.

Then why did you say you only liked them:

"Before they turned into greed machines and tried to re-sell games"

and

"constantly pumping out games no one has asked for"

?

Because that's exactly what they did in PS1 era.

I'm referring to the constant re-releases of the initial final fantasies, the clear butchering off the kingdom hears franchise, and all the other little things they do that don't hold much merit. They used to be amazing as a company. Like when the original final fantasies came out as a new product or when they dumped out Mario RPG. These were amazing. Same for Chrono Trigger. And, while they did start to go down hill towards the end of PS1, I'm focusing my gripes on when they fully merged in 2003-ish with Enix and started making a consistent trail of garbage.

1) And? Where's the negative aspect of re-releasing?
2) What? How?
3) Like?
4) We wouldn't know. We never got these games in Europe. They were THAT good. (sarcasm). They're infinitely better now.
5) For you. For me, dozens upon dozens of masterpieces.

Re-releasing the same game over and over just wastes time and resources when they could be working on a real kingdom hearts sequel, or at least FF Versus. The handheld KH's are bad, and even the hardcore KH players admit it. I think the only exception was maybe the 3DS one. And, of course this is an opinion topic. If you like their new stuff, good for you. I find it severely lacking in innovation and limited. End of the day, I had more fun with the original games than I did with the new drek. I'm glad you like what they do, but I wish they'd focus more on original titles than pushing out stuff they already made.

But fans of a specific installment, and especially new fans, may want to play old installments. Shouldn't a market exist for them?
I mean, the original FINAL FANTASY is my favorite game of all time alongside Duodecim (outside MGSaga). I personally can't wait for an enhanced version based on the Anniversary version that will (hopefully) tie with Duodecim.
And guess what, a market does exist, proven by sales.

KHBBS = masterpiece.

But they make tons of new stuff, that are hugely innovative.
Duodecim, Type-0, 3rd Birthday, TWEWY, and FINAL FANTASY XIII are some examples.

But as you said, to each his own.
---
#97Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 5:12:04 PM
Veladus posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
Veladus posted...
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...

Not according to Square!

Crappy?

o_O

Chrono Trigger DS is amazing, a gift from Square Enix to fans worldwide, fixing the script, fixing load times that were endless in Square's last version on PS1, finally releasing it in Europe that Square never did in SNES/PS1 days, along upping the production values and adding extra stuff.

Square Enix gave this Godly Edition to "fans", but "fans" ignored it.
And you blame Square Enix?
---
#98FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 4/22/2013 5:13:14 PM
I with out a doubt can't argue with some of these points. And, I definitely feel the market should exist and the "classics" should be available for all to enjoy. However, I also feel, with SquareEnix, specifically that re-porting these games take priority over new IP's.
#99DarknessXSeekerPosted 4/22/2013 5:17:27 PM
As stupid as they are yes I do. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series of all time, and Final Fantasy is still a good series and I enjoy all of the games (Besides the abomination that was XIV).
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#100Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/22/2013 5:18:00 PM
FreeFlowTw1tch posted...
I with out a doubt can't argue with some of these points. And, I definitely feel the market should exist and the "classics" should be available for all to enjoy. However, I also feel, with SquareEnix, specifically that re-porting these games take priority over new IP's.

I understand your feelings. Just play what you like, don't get too mad about it.
---