This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To people who actually enjoyed GTA IV.

#1knightoffire55Posted 4/22/2013 3:17:39 PM
What did you think of Sleeping Dogs and the Saints Row games?
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2ElectricMolePosted 4/22/2013 3:20:46 PM
both those games really take sandbox games to another level. you can do alot more things in SR3 and Sleeping Dogs has a very deep melee combat system.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#3Mutton_Chops87Posted 4/22/2013 3:22:19 PM
I haven't yet played Sleeping Dogs, but I enjoyed the original Saints Row and have dabbled in The Third a bit and it seems cool, but I'd take GTAIV over them any day.
#4ManuKesnaPosted 4/22/2013 3:23:12 PM
why are you asking tc? So you can find an opportunity to say the same thing you did in this topic?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65762558
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#5gtaking5Posted 4/22/2013 3:23:50 PM
Sleeping Dogs is meh. Can't even compare it to GTA either. The focus in GTA is guns and cars. The focus in sleeping dogs is martial arts. Try comparing the two. It won't work.

Saints Row 3 sucks. You can't deny it. If you do, you have some sort of Stockholm syndrome going on in your brain. Saints Row 2 was good.
---
Mad love, kiss me Iím loaded
Something for my troubled mind
#6RKO_ON_RAWPosted 4/22/2013 3:42:45 PM
gtaking5 posted...
Sleeping Dogs is meh. Can't even compare it to GTA either. The focus in GTA is guns and cars. The focus in sleeping dogs is martial arts. Try comparing the two. It won't work.

Saints Row 3 sucks. You can't deny it. If you do, you have some sort of Stockholm syndrome going on in your brain. Saints Row 2 was good.

I agree minus the negative insults. I've never really enjoyed the saints row series that much. To me, it seems like an arcade game that you'd play for a few hours every now and then.

GTA games always have me hooked from start to finish and I even play them multiple times.

Sleeping dogs vs. GTA 4 is not a fair comparison like you said. Not to mention that sleeping dogs came out 4 years after GTA 4. Even then, GTA 4 has done some things better. Sleeping dogs has really just stolen some ideas and put them together into a good looking and playing game. The combat is ripped out of batman and the bullet time from max payne.

GTA 4 actually has plenty of side missions in addition to the main story. Whereas sleeping dogs has tacked on missions as dlc (such as those armored police vehicle missions). Not to mention that the world is more open in GTA4 and there's more freedom AND a great multiplayer mode.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#7DocDeliciousPosted 4/22/2013 3:43:40 PM
Sleeping Dogs is good. Not quite GTA4-level immersion but it's good.
Saints Row is awful. Childish dreck.
---
Terarria, Disgaea 4, Siren: Blood Curse, Battlefield 3, Rayman Origins, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU
#8BruceWayneJrPosted 4/22/2013 3:43:51 PM
Sleeping Dogs was good. Saints Row is garbage.
#9ninjakrakenPosted 4/22/2013 4:49:21 PM
I enjoyed GTA IV and Sleeping Dogs thoroughly, however I felt that Saints Row was too juvenile and bloated with pointless missions.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#10riddlebox89Posted 4/22/2013 4:52:35 PM
People who enjoy GTA4 exist? Well I guess it's time to start planning for my genocide vacation.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.