This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I honestly kind of hate Dark Souls...

#1okamhunitePosted 4/22/2013 8:47:47 PM(edited)
Everything in Demons Souls seemed fair, levels felt thought out and well paced but Dark Souls just felt kind of rushed, there were a handful of cool bosses but I felt a lot of them didn't take much strategy. Environments felt empty and not fleshed out while Demons Souls had so much, characters were memorable "While still brief" but I cared more for my action. Dark Souls in my personal opinion is such a bad game compared to Demons Souls, it's such and ungraceful sequel, it does what Castlevania two did to the origonal Castlevania.

Disclaimer: I played Dark Souls for a good thirty give hours and chose to sell it after that, it's not that I think the game is bad, but Demons Souls just flys over it.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#2SpurnerPosted 4/22/2013 8:31:48 PM
But I liked Castlevania 2...
#3zyrax2301Posted 4/22/2013 8:32:54 PM
I think they did a fine job of it, although I agree Demon's Souls is a better game.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4gamestop27Posted 4/22/2013 8:49:50 PM(edited)
Will you be using your real name or your Gfaqs handle for your tombstone?
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#5okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:41:40 PM
gamestop27 posted...
Will you be using your real name of your Gfaqs handle for your tombstone?

My real name thank you.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#6okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:43:24 PM
Spurner posted...
But I liked Castlevania 2...

Some people like it, but I'm not one of them.
---
#7DevilTears604Posted 4/22/2013 8:44:38 PM
I rented it and played it over a long weekend, and I really didn't like it much.

I can see that it's a well-made game and for certain people, it's an awesome game, but it just wasn't for me.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#8fhsfootball74Posted 4/22/2013 8:46:03 PM
okamhunite posted...
Everything in Demons Souls seemed fair, levels felt thought out and well paced but Dark Souls just felt kind of rushed, there were a handful of cool bosses but I felt a lot of them didn't take much strategy. Environments felt empty and not fleshed out while Demons Souls had so much, characters were memorable "While still brief" but I cared more for my action. Dark Souls in my personal opinion is such a bad game compared to Demons Souls, it's such and ungraceful sequel, it does what Castlevania two did to the origonal Castlevania.

Prepare to feel the wrath of 100s of raging neckbeards.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#9okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:48:38 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
okamhunite posted...

Prepare to feel the wrath of 100s of raging neckbeards.

I was ready when I hit enter.
---
#10pug_lifePosted 4/22/2013 8:48:42 PM
The bosses absolutely destroy demon's Souls consistently gimmicky and easy bosses. Demon's Souls had better atmosphere, matchmaking and harder areas but Dark Souls is still better in terms of just being much more addictive and challenging and had more of a Metroidvania feel. I never have gotten hooked on Demon's nearly as good as Dark, which has to do with the way better bosses and so much more varied and fun to use weapons/armors, It's so much easier and funner to switch from playstyle to playstyle on my high lvl 120 character, he can use any weapon in the game and I have all armors fully upgraded. It's just so much more addictive.
---
I am the pug, THE BIG BAD PUUUUUUUG PSN:bradythegiant88