This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which JRPG's should I get?

#1EmiliaTheSagePosted 4/22/2013 10:03:13 PM
Is Atelier Meruru good? How about Agarest War, should I get 1, 2 or Zero?
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#2THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/22/2013 10:05:04 PM
Try Star Ocean 4. It has a deep and complex story.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#3Androm2Posted 4/22/2013 10:29:59 PM
Resonance of Fate best battle system ever and cool charcters, light hearted scenario. great music.
---
"Skies of Arcadia, Suikoden 2. Suikoden 5 are the games that effected my view of life, the best entertainment I've ever had, the humans best creation"
#4badboyPosted 4/23/2013 12:36:28 AM
Ni no Kuni
#5IamthekuzalolPosted 4/23/2013 12:40:50 AM
Should tell us what jrpg you have already played. Agarest series is really subpar, i would recommend Star Ocean 4, RoF, Tales of Grace F and maybe Eternal Sonata.
#6megaorpheusPosted 4/23/2013 1:01:15 AM
EmiliaTheSage posted...

well, atelier series is about time management unless you enjoy that kind of game feel free to try it.. personally I don't like playing game with time constraint like that (with the exception of the persona series) but I heard atelier ayesha doesn't have that so I might be trying that

well, other JRPG that I recommend would be Star Ocean 4, Tales of Graces F, Resonance of Fate, White Knight Chronicles..
or you could try the Yakuza series.. it's mixed up between JRPG and Open world game
---
"Well, It's the Black "Waltz," right? You think there'd be three, right?", ~Zidane Tribal, FF IX~
#7AstroshakPosted 4/23/2013 2:17:43 AM
Just say NO! to White Knight Chronicles.

The single player games were not that great. The games themselves become really fun in "post-game" content (technically, its right before you beat the game, not after, but its easiest to just beat the game and then load the save and start on it) that happens to be similar to Monster Hunter, both in terms of running missions and in terms of multiplayer.

I do not know whether the multiplayer component is going away, being made local host, or what - but I have heard several times now that the servers will be shut down shortly, if they have not been already.

Assuming, as I do, that that kills the multiplayer component of the game, they've killed off (or plan on killing off) the best part of the game.

Personally, I really enjoyed WKC. I did not enjoy WKC2 quite so much, but that was due to engine changes between the two games. But, even so, the single player component of the game was not nearly as good as the multiplayer. That's why I have to say NO! to the WKC recommendation idea, TC.
#8echa_OnePosted 4/23/2013 2:23:54 AM
EmiliaTheSage posted...

Atelier Meruru is good if you're into crafting. The main point of the game is its crafting (called synthesis in game). You can craft weapons, armors, accessories, items, materials, etc. The game revolves around crafting and it's deep and sublime.

Never played Agarest games.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#9EmiliaTheSage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:28:47 AM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Should tell us what jrpg you have already played.

I play Cross Edge most of the time. I like crafting items. I even platinumed that game twice out of boredom.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#10PHEEliNUXPosted 4/24/2013 6:36:51 AM
If you want to play an Atelier game play Totori first then Meruru, You can start with Ayesha but i hear that Totori is better than Ayesha

Since you liked Cross Edge play Agarest War 2, They have similar gameplay, While 1 and 0 are SRPGs, But be warned that AW2 have FPS drops and long loading times, If it is ok for you then get it, And you can play the game with less drops and loading if you leave the game for around 15 minutes after you load the save
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"