This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Xillia will garner enough sales for another Tales game?

#1Scarecrow1711Posted 4/23/2013 1:47:43 PM
/topic
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NX_vcjZmQ9w
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/23/2013 1:48:05 PM
"Enough sales" meaning what to Bamco?
#3MwarriorHieiPosted 4/23/2013 1:53:03 PM
i think it will sell nicely, but not match whatever insane numbers bamco wants for it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#4NayikoPosted 4/23/2013 1:59:02 PM(edited)
^
This. Tales games usually sell well enough, but never "enough" for Bamco to call it a success.

On that note, I was curious and called around to a couple of GameStops. Every single one of them said they're out of the CE preorders now so it seems to be selling fairly well.
#5PhaseSlaethePosted 4/23/2013 2:00:09 PM
Nayiko posted...
^
This. Tales games usually sell well enough, but never "enough" for Bamco to call it a success.

On that note, I was curious and called around to a couple of GameStops. Every single one of them said they're out of the CE preorders now so it seems to be selling fairly well.

Um...let me call attention to one rather odd mentality here.

First, nothing is selling at all right now.

Second, if Gamestop only had 5 CE to start with, those aren't good numbers to use anyway.
#6CronoGuyverPosted 4/23/2013 2:05:17 PM
yeah, Bandai-Namco never made any sense. I remember North American Bandai's justification for removal of anime intro from NA release of Hero Tails was that "American Fans dont like anime". When their bread and butter comes from sales of anime and anime related paraphernalia in North America.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#7IChangedMyNamePosted 4/23/2013 2:16:18 PM
Nayiko posted...

They're not 'Out' of Pre-orders... Gamestop just stopped taking them this past Monday. It doesn't matter how many they have either. They just have a cut off date and thats it.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#8knightoffire55Posted 4/23/2013 2:19:30 PM
Don't we ask that same question every time a new Tales game is coming out?
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#9tsukia8Posted 4/23/2013 2:51:33 PM
They'll get my money.
#10CammyApplePosted 4/23/2013 3:06:50 PM
Nayiko posted...
^

If they only have 3 to sell and they sell 3 that means they are out. However it doesn't mean it is selling well.

I'm sure English speaking regions will get another console Tales of. They won't get it fast enough for "the fans". And I say this every time but if "the fans" would set aside some time and learn Japanese they could play all of the games in the form they were intended to be played.

Instead of wasting 15 minutes per day on here spend it learning.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.