This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today is STAR TREK day

#11kupo1705Posted 4/23/2013 3:01:40 PM
carsauce posted...
It's out already?

Looks meh.
I wasn't a fan of the reboot, which is what the game is based on.
I know it's not a bad movie, but I couldn't look past it not being like ST despite it having the ST name and characters.

ahem...today is STAR TREK day-.-

Alright, alright.
I find it highly illogical that you're not playing it right now despite owning it.
#12carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:02:46 PM
carsauce posted...
carsauce posted...
lol star trek, glad I used my money on dead island riptide!

That's so awesome, the door----> is that away for Riptide!

Door? what door all I can see is a computer screen

and for that comment you are ignored..

And now your topic dies.

My topics never die and you just prooved you are troll.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#13carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:03:45 PM
carsauce posted...
It's out already?

Looks meh.
I wasn't a fan of the reboot, which is what the game is based on.
I know it's not a bad movie, but I couldn't look past it not being like ST despite it having the ST name and characters.

ahem...today is STAR TREK day-.-

Alright, alright.
I find it highly illogical that you're not playing it right now despite owning it.

LOL I know...blah get carried away on Gamefaqs....,
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#14boredofyouPosted 4/23/2013 5:45:48 PM
I'm posting in order that I will see your review of the game. Also, I'm not wearing a red shirt.. That seems really lucky, given that its Star Trek Day and all..

Perhaps your review will tip the scales and make me purchase this game..
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#15carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:14:09 PM(edited)
I will now review the game.

Mini Review: It is...what a TREKKIE or a new TREKKIE (the ones who enjoy the first movie and soon 2nd movie) was awaiting for.... this is JJ Abrams STAR TREK...

First of all this is not Mass Effect or Dead Space, also this is not just your typical third person shooter(not GTA so don't even try)
It is what Star Trek is all about... Adventure and Exploring combined with Story, especially scanning for the flora or fauna, materials or anything that you come across(giving a small detail on what it is) It is not mandatory but it is useful and just worth to see. It's also used for navigating where to go or to tell your Partner what to do and where to go. This is also not Open world, as it is mission based and story , (so if you were thinking about exploring other places with your Ship Open world style) this ain't that game, maybe some other day?

The game play is easy , not confusing, you have your typical duck and cover shootouts, you have your typical weapons (in this case your Phaser) You have a AI or a Co Op to help you out in dire need of help, with that being you can also melee a target, though its always best to just use your weapons.The gameplay is not clunky, and the AI is not that bad,, your energy of course is *automatic refilled* after moving from cover when you taken some damage.

The graphics are not that bad, though they aren't Uncharted , Mass Effect or Dead Island graphics ,or any other games that really put detailed on the characters, but they are also not bad graphics, and if you don't mind graphics too much, then you have nothing to worry about. The lighting and texture is great though, sometimes it's just so bright in places, and they really wanted to make it feel like you are watching another movie of JJ's Star Trek especially the style from the first movie, also the colors are vibrant and not bland, and the other graphics effects are really well done...just like the rest of the games out there. You see some expressions on the characters but not as detailed, but the movement is ok and the cutscenes are intergrated into gameplay.

Music and sound..they use the main Star Trek movie theme song in such ways, other than that, the sounds , the ambient sounds, the voice acting and other sound effects throughout the whole game is nicely well done.

All in all that's all I can say about this for now unless I'm missing out on anything else, other than that this game is for the Fans, not one who is looking for a third person shooter to hang on, You would rather play VANQUISH, but if you enjoy a non fast paced arcade shooter and enjoy what Star Trek is all about...then this is the game we been waiting for

Final Note: I enjoy Star Trek and played many games by now of it and for this game, I'm just getting started but I enjoy this, I been awaiting for a game like this and this is not bad to me, they could of done more better, but we ain't perfect, it's not the best Digital Extremes has done, I mean The Darkness 2 was nice, Pariah was fun and I enjoy Dark Sector on PC before I owned a PS3, so Digital Extremes is doing what they can, and to make a Star Trek game like this, I say they at least made a good game to exist.
Also, It sure ain't a game we will see on a tablet or any other mobile phone or device..too soon, this is a console game and made to stay as one.

I give this game 7/10
---
#16Onepunch-ManPosted 4/23/2013 7:06:14 PM
uwishuwereme17 posted...
lol star trek, glad I used my money on dead island riptide!

So you bought a bad game over another bad game
#17GeassMasterPosted 4/23/2013 7:12:13 PM
Didn't even hear about this coming out. Hope it doesn't cost NamcoBandai too much money by flopping.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#18RioichiCooperPosted 4/23/2013 7:16:22 PM
Star Trek day is May 17th and you know it.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#19carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:29:36 PM
Star Trek day is May 17th and you know it.

k
---