This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why no Final Fantasy 8 remake

#1warrenmatsPosted 4/23/2013 6:05:03 PM
I wanna see Squall-kun an Riona-chan with versus XIII graphics.
---
:D
#2toadiemanPosted 4/23/2013 6:07:31 PM
Robin Williams won't reprise his role.
#3AnonUnknownPosted 4/23/2013 6:19:04 PM
Finally someone asking for the remake of ANOTHER Final Fantasy that actually received a tech demo.

Hell, now i want someone asking for a 3D remake of FF6.
#4Oskar_Kokoshka9Posted 4/23/2013 6:32:13 PM
toadieman posted...

But in all seriousness, I'm not so sure I'd want a remake of it. I have mixed feelings about the game, and I have mixed feelings about Square-Enix themselves.
---
PSN: Oskar_Kokoshka99
#5TomorrowDogPosted 4/23/2013 6:35:11 PM
SE's is probably salivating at the idea of remaking FFVIII to be even worse.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6ThePCElitistPosted 4/23/2013 6:35:35 PM
toadieman posted...

http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/pics/cid-final-fantasy-viii-robin-williams.jpg
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning
#7kaiser ryuPosted 4/23/2013 6:38:45 PM
I think the time is pretty ripe for a 3D conversion/HD collection effort across the whole series to make them all available on a single home console. Upscaled versions of the current oldies that have been 3D, clean sprite versions of those that haven't, HD fanservice editions of the PSX games (akin to the Ducktales release in that it's more or less a remake but brought up to HD collection or mobile standards, less "next gen") and then HD up FFXII and we're gold.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#8warrenmats(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:43:49 PM
I'm sure a FF8 remake is possible.

Just nerf some of the magic and the Guardian Forces, so the game would be harder.. GF's made the game laughably easy after you get them, and Aura made the final boss a joke.
---
:D
#9wigsplasherPosted 4/23/2013 6:47:46 PM
In case you guys haven't noticed, they don't really make HD collections out of PSOne games
---
3D gaming is overrated
#10kaiser ryuPosted 4/23/2013 6:51:28 PM
wigsplasher posted...
In case you guys haven't noticed, they don't really make HD collections out of PSOne games

Ducktales or even the Wii's remake of Klonoa should be the new precedent for what to do for old games we want to be brought into the HD limelight. It's not a full on modern remake and not an HD port. It's an HD realization with most everything everything left intact, it's just a visual rebuild. That's what we should be asking to be done to the PS1 FF trilogy.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06