This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why no Final Fantasy 8 remake

#11slymshadyPosted 4/23/2013 5:55:52 PM
Cannot see them remaking the worse FF of the PSone era
#12BigG777Posted 4/23/2013 6:07:01 PM
i never liked rinoa. squall can do better than that obvious trainwreck.
#13AlltraPosted 4/23/2013 6:29:05 PM(edited)
If they did a few tweaks to the game play, like making it possible to play through the game without ever having to level up at all, and being able to completely develop your characters through the card game and nothing else, I'd love to see a Remake.

It wouldn't take much of a tweak to make that possible either. The simplest way to do it would be to remove the Level Requirements on learning GF Skills, and making the Card Ability a default ability. Meaning you wouldn't have to gain experience during battles because when you Card enemies you don't gain experience, and you wouldn't need to have Ifrit at Level 10 to learn Ammo Refine, for example.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#14CammyApplePosted 4/23/2013 6:10:33 PM
FFT remake!
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#15Freelance_WolfPosted 4/23/2013 6:14:18 PM
FFVIII doesn't need a remake, and this is coming from someone who likes it a lot. It still looks good to me, unlike FFVII. Although I don't care for FFVII, that game is in better need of a remake.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#16kcypher2000Posted 4/23/2013 6:57:09 PM
Hopefully they would remake the story and the lame combat while they were at it. Maybe invest in a little character development beyond we all knew each other at an orphanage.
#17warrenmats(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:20:48 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Hopefully they would remake the story and the lame combat while they were at it. Maybe invest in a little character development beyond we all knew each other at an orphanage.

From what I remember, didn't FF8 have a really stupid plot-twist?
---
:D
#18kaiser ryuPosted 4/23/2013 7:22:39 PM
warrenmats posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

From what I remember, didn't FF8 have a really stupid plot-twist?

I'm not sure it's much of a twist. It's all set up early on, it's more or less just revealed as a natural end to what's been built up. It's really out there and a massive contrast to the somewhat "real" feel of the first half, but not really a twist.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#19Ace_DefectivePosted 4/23/2013 7:25:19 PM
FF8 deserves a remake a lot more than the other two PS1 FFs because the former borderline sucked while the other two are fine as they are (except FF7's graphics and FF9's turtle speed battle system)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, tri-Ace.
#20NarutoPosted 4/23/2013 7:46:26 PM
warrenmats posted...
Just nerf some of the magic and the Guardian Forces, so the game would be harder.. GF's made the game laughably easy after you get them, and Aura made the final boss a joke.

GFs basically end up as meat shields in the second half of the game. Since Ultimecia can blast away your Aura, I don't think it needs to be nerfed.