This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game collection? Or am I Hoarding?

#1LodissPosted 4/23/2013 6:05:42 PM
Something just occurred to me as I was reading an article about backwards compatibility in the next console generation (or lack thereof). I have close to 400 games and I really don't know why. I've been playing console games since the days of the Atari 2600. I still have every console and game I've ever purchased (except the Atari, ironically).

-NES
-SNES
-Genesis
-N64
-Gamecube
-Dreamcast
-Game Boy Color
-Game Boy Advance/SP
-Nintendo DS
-Playstation
-PS2
-PS3
-Xbox

Now, I know I am not special. Probably half the people on Gamefaqs have a similar or larger collection. Thing is, why? At no point in the foreseeable future am I going to break out my NES and replay Operation Wolf, and yet I can't even entertain the idea of throwing it away.

Am I hoarding?
---
You were indicted
#2xSoldier24xPosted 4/23/2013 6:08:22 PM
Possibly.
---
Trying to clean up my life, done many things wrong in my life....
#3toadiemanPosted 4/23/2013 6:09:03 PM
Sell it. It's just money sitting there doing nothing.
#4Lodiss(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:12:58 PM
toadieman posted...
Sell it. It's just money sitting there doing nothing.

Most of it is worthless.
---
You were indicted
#5Valkerion757Posted 4/23/2013 6:16:46 PM
Thats like asking why you keep your wedding ring after your married instead of selling it. Your legally together, you both know your together, why keep a few hundred-thousand dollar item.

Because it means something to you personally, thats why.

If your over having the games, and don't want them in your house/area anymore sell them. If you actually liked them and like to collect them, keep um. Simple as that.

A few years ago when starting college I cleared out my closet(s) of old toys, collectibles ect. Kept the cards and stuff I wanted, sold the ones I could personally part with.

Dont have to get rid of everything, but if you really don't want them, let it go man... just let it go.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#6zyrax2301Posted 4/23/2013 6:17:36 PM
It's a collection. If you're attached to it, keep it.

I've questioned whether I ought to keep my PS2 collection now that it is basically obsolete, but I like having those games and it's not like they're taking up a ton of space. And as you said, if you sell it the returns won't really be worth much.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7crazyman32Posted 4/23/2013 6:36:36 PM
I would go through your collection and see what games you want to sell if any.You could get some good money selling them on Ebay or Amazon.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#8ThePCElitistPosted 4/23/2013 6:39:59 PM
I have well over 400 games myself and 200 of which are just NES games alone. If collecting isn't your thing then let them go so that people that do enjoy collecting can get your copies. There is a market for every game despite how bad it is or how unpopular it is. There are people like myself going for a complete collection that will buy every game for a specific platform despite their quality.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning
#9Lodiss(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:43:54 PM
Valkerion757 posted...
Thats like asking why you keep your wedding ring after your married instead of selling it. Your legally together, you both know your together, why keep a few hundred-thousand dollar item.

What? I don't think this analogy works for my situation.
---
You were indicted
#10wigsplasherPosted 4/23/2013 6:47:08 PM
Thats like asking why you keep your wedding ring after your married instead of selling it.

No.
---
3D gaming is overrated