This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game collection? Or am I Hoarding?

#31EmiliaTheSagePosted 4/24/2013 6:52:10 AM
Lodiss posted...

-NES
-SNES
-Genesis
-N64
-Gamecube
-Dreamcast
-Game Boy Color
-Game Boy Advance/SP
-Nintendo DS
-Playstation
-PS2

You can play all these in on a PC emulator.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#32don_juan_darkoPosted 4/24/2013 8:07:30 AM
Only sell it if you really need money, or if it's taking up too much space in your home.

You'll probably really regret getting rid of them if you do.
#33RollingCradlePosted 4/24/2013 8:14:09 AM
Hoarding, definitely.
#34LORD_LMAOPosted 4/24/2013 8:24:46 AM
Lodiss posted...
Valkerion757 posted...
Thats like asking why you keep your wedding ring after your married instead of selling it. Your legally together, you both know your together, why keep a few hundred-thousand dollar item.

What? I don't think this analogy works for my situation.

it was a horrible analogy to begin with
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#35VeryDarkSoulPosted 4/24/2013 8:30:18 AM
Keep them. Then in 20 years you will be on a T.V. show where people buy antique games, and you'll make a ton of money.

But yeah I'm the same way. I have TONS of old games that I enjoy having around, but never actually play...
---
Ron Paul 2012
#36calhoun1389Posted 4/24/2013 8:30:50 AM
If you don't play them, I believe it's hoarding and you should probably sell the vast majority (at least the ones you know you'll likely never revisit again).
---
The thing about speculation is that it makes a spec out of you and some guy name Lation.. which has nothing to do with me. - Gregory House M.D.
#37Sheria_KPosted 4/24/2013 8:38:23 AM(edited)
Well i'm closing up on 2000 now, but the difference is that i could quite easily get the urge to whip out Operation Wolf on the weekend for a play through, just the other day I was on Lucky Dime Caper and Land of Illusion on my Game Gear, that's just how it works.

I'm not sure why you have no interest in playing your old games, but if you are sure that will always be the case and you don't display them, instead keeping them in a box, then i would call it hoarding and you may as well sell them.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Atelier Ayesha and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
#38JiZamezPosted 4/24/2013 8:34:08 AM
400 games that spans across all those consoles?

I have over 300 on the PS3 alone, let alone games I still own since the Master System days (and I have nearly the complete collection of that).
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#39RollingCradlePosted 4/24/2013 8:34:31 AM
PC makes old consoles completely useless.
#40shinra35800Posted 4/24/2013 8:41:22 AM
You are like me but from time to time, I do go back and play stuff because I haven't beaten everything.