This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lets Talk Resident Evil 6

#1Metsfan5162Posted 4/23/2013 6:11:40 PM
First off, my Resident Evil perspective is much different than many people on this board

I'm not a die hard Resident Evil fan, the only RE game I've played was RE4. RE5 just didn't intrigue me and I hated the demo.

Thing is Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time (one of the very few shooters on there). As you can tell, I don't really care about the horror aspect of RE (although it is welcomed). I loved that game because of it's story and game play.

So I just finished up a game and am now looking for a new one and RE6 has perked my interest. When it first came out, I read so much negative things about the game that I discarded it.

But now that I think about it, for ME, I don't mind if the horror is replaced with helicopter crashes or explosions. If the story is engaging, emotional and memorable, I might consider giving it a try.

So keeping all of that in mind, do you guys recommend I try it out? Is the story worth it? Or is it just a mindless shooter with a bunch of explosions?
---
PSN:dVl_05
#2MisterSpliffPosted 4/23/2013 6:14:22 PM
It's a mindless shooter.

For $15 it's worth a co-op playthrough if you have a buddy.
#3SDFan18Posted 4/23/2013 6:14:47 PM
I'm gonna give it a shot. Got it installing right now. Couldn't pass on it for only $14.69.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#4Dicer7Posted 4/23/2013 6:15:01 PM
What did you not like about RE5?
#5SamA7XPosted 4/23/2013 6:19:11 PM(edited)
Resident Evil 6 is a good game, the main problem fans had with it was its 95% action and 5% horror. But if your not that bothered about horror then thats okay. Another problem people had was constant QTE's, but that has been fixed by adding an option to turn them off if you wish. It's alot like RE5 gameplay wise so it's nothing new except for moving while shooting and more melee options.
#6toadiemanPosted 4/23/2013 6:25:58 PM(edited)
Metsfan5162 posted...
If the story is engaging, emotional and memorable, I might consider giving it a try.

No, sir. It is not. Story just goes nowhere. At first you might think you'll find out something about Ada Wong. Nope, you're just being mislead.
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/23/2013 6:30:00 PM
It's an awful game. Simple as that.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#8VarronPosted 4/23/2013 6:32:34 PM
Metsfan5162 posted...
If the story is engaging, emotional and memorable, I might consider giving it a try.

Story was never a main focus with the RE games. If you were to rate the games based on story, RE6 would come out on top.
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#9chaosflame108Posted 4/23/2013 9:38:05 PM
Leon's campaign was the only decent thing about that game.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#10shawnmckPosted 4/23/2013 10:33:19 PM
Just don't expect any survival horror like RE4, and instead expect a 3rd-Person shooter, and you should enjoy it.
Although I would start with RE5 before going on to 6.