This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh Ateiler, why are you such a wonderful series.....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Oh Ateiler, why are you such a wonderful series.....

User Info: BladeDog911

BladeDog911
3 years ago#1
Said no one ever

Atelier Rorona and Ayesha is boring the hell out of me.

User Info: GeassMaster

GeassMaster
3 years ago#2
I like the series. So I guess this topic is pointless.
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
(message deleted)

User Info: carsauce

carsauce
3 years ago#4
Said no one ever

Atelier Rorona and Ayesha is boring the hell out of me.

That;s because it's not for you?
I had Atelier game once, it wasn't so bad for a girly and fun and frantic fancy rpg, but I got bored of it and not too much into the alchemy system, though I enjoyed the classic games like this, so as I said, this game ain't for you, then don't play it anymore.
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 years ago#5
I'd like they more if they got rid of the time limits, and toned down the Anime themes. The closer to Atelier Iris they are, the better, because that one was amazing and I loved it.

The others, and even the Mana Khemia games, would be great if they got rid of the time limits. I remember playing MK on the PSP, and the one thing that pretty much killed the game for me was the Task Sheet, because basically you could only use it a finite amount and then you could never use it again. If they'd done it up like Breath of Fire 3 or 4, and just had the time pass based on being out in the field (since they keep track of that anyway) I would have enjoyed it a lot more. At least then I could have used it as much as I wished to and actually been able to experiment with different tasks with different characters.

That, and the time limits on the classes were kind of annoying. I had a lot more fun during the free roam periods than during any of the story events, to the point I actualy dreaded continuing the story.

The only other issue I've ever had with the games, is that they like to encourage you to create the highest quality item you can through experimentation. I enjoy that very much, but the problem lies in the fact that a lot of times certain ingredients are prohibitively limited in supply. You don't really want to experiment with an ingredient that you can only ever get 1 of. I'd rather they changed that, and just made them really difficult to get as opposed to being limited in quantity.
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
(message deleted)

User Info: SieKensou

SieKensou
3 years ago#7
Alltra posted...
I'd like they more if they got rid of the time limits, and toned down the Anime themes. The closer to Atelier Iris they are, the better, because that one was amazing and I loved it.

funny cuz those sold the least...

you need to understand what makes a game before you decide to remove features.
ppl won't like removing things that are core features to the title/series
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462

User Info: Iamthekuzalol

Iamthekuzalol
3 years ago#8
Loved the Atelier Iris, the new Atelier series on the PS3, not so much.

User Info: SieKensou

SieKensou
3 years ago#9
Iamthekuzalol posted...

actually, it just returned to its roots
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462

User Info: Iamthekuzalol

Iamthekuzalol
3 years ago#10
SieKensou posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...

actually, it just returned to its roots

Yeah, i know that.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Oh Ateiler, why are you such a wonderful series.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived