This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enough about TWIN SNAKES

#41SSJ_JinPosted 4/24/2013 5:44:01 AM
brycemorr posted...
GeassMaster posted...
Twin Snakes is a spin-off of the first game. Kojima hates it and doesn't even consider it canon. It's honestly the reason why there is so little support from Metal Gear for Nintendo consoles.

Ok I fail to see how the Twin Snakes is a spin off when its the exact same story as MGS PS1.

MGS The Twin Snake is MGS 1 just with Cutscenes a little out of wack. But the dialog and characters are the exact same.

No sir. No sir.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#42Chilly82Posted 4/24/2013 5:48:39 AM
carsauce posted...
Seriously this is the newbie MGS game...we don't need this PS3 rendered version of MGS retold, the real fans are happier with the original MGS for the PS1, Metal Gear Solid...not Twin Snakes.

I'm a real fan and I am not so blinded with nostalgia that I can't admit that Twin Snakes is the superior game.
#43leon_trunksPosted 4/24/2013 6:30:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44shinra35800Posted 4/24/2013 7:13:58 AM(edited)
Dantechan posted...
fallenswords posted...
its not even the textures... the game just controls like complete ass.

did anyone else not get pissed off when you had to shoot off screen and make leaps of faith in the radio tower level?

What really pissed me off was the pointless backtracking.

-go back to get the sniper
-go back to get the key card from the drainage
-go back to change the color of the key card

Seriously, what was the point

Complains about open worlds. Complains about linearity. What is the point of this comment?

Anyway, I wonder what they are gonna replace the yoshi and mario doll with xD
#45BahamutBBobPosted 4/24/2013 7:36:37 AM
I enjoyed both versions quite a bit.

Twin Snakes you can play exactly like MGS1 if you want, you don't need to use tranqs or first person aiming.

I didn't really mind any of the cutscene changes, and thought it was neat seeing what exactly Ninja did in the hallway outside of Otacon's lab.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care. I would play either version and not complain.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#46red eye dragoonPosted 4/24/2013 8:06:59 AM
I liked both, I don't see what the big deal is
---
"The black dragon?.........HEY! Maybe it's in the Black Dragon Cave!!!" - Some idiot in Lunar: Dragon Song
PSN & Nintendo ID: Kenshin5435
#47SfandiPosted 4/24/2013 8:19:19 AM
All the Twin Snakes haters sound like whiney b****-boys.
#48chaosflame108Posted 4/24/2013 1:01:12 PM
Enough about "original mgs." Nostalgia has blinded people to what a piece of excrement that game really is. Twin Snakes owns it in every single way, except for boss difficulty.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#49Pawkie07Posted 4/24/2013 1:12:18 PM
carsauce posted...
This whole board is full of graphic whores, it's ALWAYS GRAPHICS, GRAPHICS, GRAPHICS!, AND yet some of you gamers say you played the classics?
pathetic....

Graphics? Twin Snakes isn't better because of graphics. It's better cause it has a better engine. The gameplay of mgs1 is so outdated now. Being able to go into first person view and hold people up like you could in mgs 2 is the reason why Twin Snakes is better and will always be better.
#50_CARLOX_Posted 4/24/2013 2:16:46 PM
Twin Snakes is a spin-off of the first game. Kojima hates it and doesn't even consider it canon. It's honestly the reason why there is so little support from Metal Gear for Nintendo consoles.

Quite the contrary, TS is how he envisioned MGS from the beginning but because of the PS1 capabilities he couldn't make it exactly as he wanted.

He even included it in this MGS4 trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1xy25j/metal-gear-solid-4--guns-of-the-patriots-revived-trailer

Jump to 24 seconds if you are not patient.

I don't think that could be considered 'hate'.

Anyway I personally love both versions and can play them back to back without issues.

---
http://i.imgur.com/yHHczXs.jpg