This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM Squad-Based Shooter to be re-revealed soon

#1zerooo0Posted 4/24/2013 4:13:55 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/xcom-shooter-reveal-coming-soon?abthid=5177bc5492b473ef1f000005

Wonder if this will suffer the same fate as Syndicate? Stubborn fans, the game was surprisingly good.

Prepares for the haters.

I liked the art style when it was revealed. It felt very colorful actually. I really hope they kept that art style.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#2nightstalker92Posted 4/24/2013 6:32:38 AM
Blame the haters as we all know they are the only reason that games fail.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 4/24/2013 6:34:26 AM
It's never because a game is bad. It's always the haters' fault.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#4mogar002Posted 4/24/2013 6:35:07 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
It's never because a game is bad. It's always the haters' fault.

---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5este914Posted 4/24/2013 6:43:22 AM
"meh"
the last XCOM game was.... "meh"
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#6Mutant1988Posted 4/24/2013 6:49:06 AM
I'll pick it up if it includes a co-op mode.

Because facing something as terrifying as the Chryssalids alongside a few friends would be amazing.

4-8 player co-op, open ended maps with varied objectives and punishing difficulty, capturing the same tension as the strategy games, now that would be awesome.

Not a huge fan of the original design though. The 50s setting doesn't really scream "XCOM" to me. While I'm sure it could be a good game, I'd personally prefer that under a different name.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 4/24/2013 7:35:55 AM
I'll pick it up if it includes a co-op mode.

Because facing something as terrifying as the Chryssalids alongside a few friends would be amazing.

4-8 player co-op, open ended maps with varied objectives and punishing difficulty, capturing the same tension as the strategy games, now that would be awesome.

Not a huge fan of the original design though. The 50s setting doesn't really scream "XCOM" to me. While I'm sure it could be a good game, I'd personally prefer that under a different name.

The only reason the Chryssalids were terrifying was because it was a turn based game. They won't be so interesting in real-time.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.