This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM Squad-Based Shooter to be re-revealed soon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. XCOM Squad-Based Shooter to be re-revealed soon

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 years ago#1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/xcom-shooter-reveal-coming-soon?abthid=5177bc5492b473ef1f000005

Wonder if this will suffer the same fate as Syndicate? Stubborn fans, the game was surprisingly good.

Prepares for the haters.

I liked the art style when it was revealed. It felt very colorful actually. I really hope they kept that art style.
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton

User Info: nightstalker92

nightstalker92
3 years ago#2
Blame the haters as we all know they are the only reason that games fail.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 years ago#3
It's never because a game is bad. It's always the haters' fault.
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 years ago#4
DarkSymbiote posted...
It's never because a game is bad. It's always the haters' fault.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#5
"meh"
the last XCOM game was.... "meh"
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !

User Info: Mutant1988

Mutant1988
3 years ago#6
I'll pick it up if it includes a co-op mode.

Because facing something as terrifying as the Chryssalids alongside a few friends would be amazing.

4-8 player co-op, open ended maps with varied objectives and punishing difficulty, capturing the same tension as the strategy games, now that would be awesome.

Not a huge fan of the original design though. The 50s setting doesn't really scream "XCOM" to me. While I'm sure it could be a good game, I'd personally prefer that under a different name.
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 years ago#7
I'll pick it up if it includes a co-op mode.

Because facing something as terrifying as the Chryssalids alongside a few friends would be amazing.

4-8 player co-op, open ended maps with varied objectives and punishing difficulty, capturing the same tension as the strategy games, now that would be awesome.

Not a huge fan of the original design though. The 50s setting doesn't really scream "XCOM" to me. While I'm sure it could be a good game, I'd personally prefer that under a different name.

The only reason the Chryssalids were terrifying was because it was a turn based game. They won't be so interesting in real-time.
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. XCOM Squad-Based Shooter to be re-revealed soon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived