This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game do you think the PS3 generation will say is "THE BEST EVER"?

#1Q_SenseiPosted 4/24/2013 6:03:49 AM
So guys like me who grew up with the NES say games like Final Fantasy VI or Mega Man are the best games available in gaming.

Then there's the N64 Generation who has weird people like Jon Tron saying that Banjo Kazooie is the best game ever. (And of course the obvious Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time)

Those who got the PS1 still drool after FFVII.

Then the Kids who grew up with the Gamecube Xbox Generation are all Halonauts or Super Smash Bros boys.

What do you think this generation is going to say is the best game ever once they turn 20?

Call of Duty??
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/24/2013 6:04:34 AM
The kids of THIS gen? CoD without contest.
#3RioichiCooperPosted 4/24/2013 6:07:38 AM
You're a bit cynical aren't you?
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#4angry_cowtipperPosted 4/24/2013 6:09:13 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls are the only games from this generation I'll be replaying when next comes around.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#5este914Posted 4/24/2013 6:11:31 AM
Too hard to say. Its true Call of Duty has had the biggest impact on gaming this gen but for many its not 'the best' ... Dunno yet it's too hard to say.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 4/24/2013 6:12:01 AM
angry_cowtipper posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls are the only games from this generation I'll be replaying when next comes around.

Yeah no doubt. I have far greater games, but the kids of THIS gen are going to go with CoD or any other over-hyped big budget game.
#74sakuraHa0Posted 4/24/2013 6:14:45 AM
Uncharted series
Dark Souls or Demon Souls
God of War
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#8Pawkie07Posted 4/24/2013 6:14:49 AM
Mass Effect maybe? While yes the ending was horrible everything else was an awesome scifi space adventure through 3 games.
#9angry_cowtipperPosted 4/24/2013 6:20:52 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Yeah no doubt. I have far greater games, but the kids of THIS gen are going to go with CoD or any other over-hyped big budget game.

Are you sure? Shadow of the Colossus is seems to be regarded as the classic of the PS2, and it didn't move GTA's numbers (last gen's COD).
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#10leon_trunksPosted 4/24/2013 6:23:56 AM
For the ps3, Demon's Souls and MGS4 will be remembered for all eternity as THE BEST EVER.

Why would people remember it for Mass Effect? That's silly, Mass Effect is not in any way identified with a ps3. Why would you remember the ps3 when thinking about Mass Effect? lol
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com