This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking back on the PS3's generation, I'm not impressed at all.

#1xChaosLordxPosted 4/24/2013 6:18:07 AM
Personally if I buy a console, I look for JRPG games mostly, because I always got a PC to play the multiplatform games and other genres.

5 games total that I liked for the PS3:

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Graces F

Other RPGs I played that were sorta mediocre:

Star Ocean 4: Last hope international - got bored 1/2 way through
Final Fantasy XIII - beat the game, ignored the bonus content.
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/24/2013 6:19:45 AM
360 has a little bit more to offer in RPGs, but the biggest RPG console this "gen" was definitely the 3DS.

Kinda sad to see, but that is the future of our big consoles. Especially now that running a super high budget seems to be the norm.
#3leon_trunksPosted 4/24/2013 6:25:42 AM
Did you play Ni No Kuni?
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#4xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:26:02 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
360 has a little bit more to offer in RPGs, but the biggest RPG console this "gen" was definitely the 3DS.

Kinda sad to see, but that is the future of our big consoles. Especially now that running a super high budget seems to be the norm.

What games did 360 have that PS3 didn't in JRPGs?

Only one that comes to mind is Tales of Vesperia.

Its not just PS3, but Wii was also pretty crappy.

There was 1 gem on the Wii at the bottom of the pile of turds and that was Xenoblade Chronicles. It had Tales of Graces also, but the PS3 version was superior.
#5xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:27:07 AM
leon_trunks posted...
Did you play Ni No Kuni?

I rented it via gamefly and sent it back 2 days later, so that is a no. Probably the most overrated game I've seen in awhile.
#6pixel378Posted 4/24/2013 6:28:19 AM
I'm glad i'm not one of those weird guys that only like rpg's/...
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#7PhaseSlaethePosted 4/24/2013 6:28:25 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

What games did 360 have that PS3 didn't in JRPGs?

Only one that comes to mind is Tales of Vesperia.

Its not just PS3, but Wii was also pretty crappy.

There was 1 gem on the Wii at the bottom of the pile of turds and that was Xenoblade Chronicles. It had Tales of Graces also, but the PS3 version was superior.

The Last Odyssey?

I think it had Magna Carta and a few others too.
#8thisranksPosted 4/24/2013 6:32:53 AM(edited)
Looks at TC's OP ... Sees regionally challenged commentary ... sees bias inherent in game choices ... is not impressed with TC and his/her abnormal thought processes.

Edit: New user alert = explains everything.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#9KillingHarderPosted 4/24/2013 6:30:54 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
Personally if I buy a console, I look for JRPG games mostly, because I always got a PC to play the multiplatform games and other genres.

5 games total that I liked for the PS3:

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Graces F

Other RPGs I played that were sorta mediocre:

Star Ocean 4: Last hope international - got bored 1/2 way through
Final Fantasy XIII - beat the game, ignored the bonus content.

Tales of Graces F is a port of a Wii game. Also JRPGs are on handhelds mostly now. You know your PC wont play Tekken, God of War, Uncharted, GT, LBP, and a host of other games that didn't get a PC release. I would hardly consider Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, and Demon's Souls "JRPGs" since their origins don't really dictate gameplay.
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#10xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:31:49 AM
pixel378 posted...
I'm glad i'm not one of those weird guys that only like rpg's/...

I like other genres, its just I don't buy consoles to play them because I always keep a good PC around.

For example, I'm not going to buy Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins, Witcher, Mass effect series, etc for console, because all of those games are far superior on PC.