This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut next week, what should I expect?

#1VarronPosted 4/24/2013 7:01:39 AM
80% story, 20% gameplay? Open world? Horror?
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#2mogar002Posted 4/24/2013 7:03:34 AM
stuff
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3KillingHarderPosted 4/24/2013 7:05:27 AM
Disappointment.
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#4EconobrickPosted 4/24/2013 7:22:58 AM(edited)
not sure about the story/gameplay mix, but apparently yes otherwise.
All I know is I've got a good feeling about this game and I'm goin' for it. :)

The main character is introduced as a schizo fbi agent driving a '68 camaro while having a smoke, using a laptop AND on the phone talking about some bizarre Tom & Jerry analogy...all at SAME TIME. Friggin' SOLD!!
#5656stoogePosted 4/24/2013 7:09:56 AM
Crap graphics, crappy combat, , crappy controls, animation that barely rivals early PS2 games...and the other 99% is all awesome.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll never want it to end.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#6You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/24/2013 7:12:15 AM
I've heard that the upcoming version has been heavily modified from the original version as far as graphics, controls & combat mechanics go. Anyone have any insight into this?
#7godslayer61Posted 4/24/2013 7:15:55 AM
656stooge posted...
Crap graphics, crappy combat, , crappy controls, animation that barely rivals early PS2 games...and the other 99% is all awesome.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll never want it to end.

bottom line this game is greatttt,better than most the only bad thing was controls and you get use to that fast.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#8656stoogePosted 4/24/2013 7:16:25 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I've heard that the upcoming version has been heavily modified from the original version as far as graphics, controls & combat mechanics go. Anyone have any insight into this?

Well judging from the trailer I wouldn't get my hopes up. Don't get me wrong, I love the game (70 of the way through the 360 version), but the graphics look barely improved and in some cases worse.

My biggest concern is that in the trailer it sounds like the dialogue is cut off a second short, and that would really ruin the whole game for me. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming the glitches and bugs in the trailer will be ironed out though.

So best you can hope for is a marginal improvement. It will still look like a HD port of a PS2 game though.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#9EconobrickPosted 4/24/2013 7:27:27 AM
From what I've read, the dialog is one of the things that's completely unaltered. So, I'm guessing that's a plus.
#10GoodOlWanduPosted 4/24/2013 7:46:05 AM
I paid my preorder off last week. Never heard of the game until a month ago but i lookked up youtube for gameplay videos. That video in the diner and the dialogue sold me on the game. The dialogue alone is worth it because i thought it was so random. Plus the main character is schizo as hell.

Im posting on my cell and too lazy to post a link.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187