This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The creator of Dragon's Crown and Kotaku are Fighting.

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 4/24/2013 10:59:17 AM(edited)
One of the writers directly insulted the President of the company out of no where with this published article.

http://kotaku.com/game-developers-really-need-to-stop-letting-teenage-boy-472724616

It was a really stupid, highly-opinionated, and highly-biased move that really stems from extreme forms of feminism I believe. Instead of criticizing just the artwork, he went a step further to go after the artist.

George Kamitani, the president of Vanillaware, graciously and maturely responded to him with a simple picture and what his Western tongue/taste might like.

http://kotaku.com/the-real-problem-with-that-controversial-sexy-video-ga-478120280

The writer, Jason Schreirer, pretty much got owned in the arguments below if you look at the comments. This was a really unprofessional move in my opinion (Just like how Geoffrey Keighley interrogates company CEOs like Jack Tretton.) I think Kotaku should fire him, or warn him at least. He's ignorant and disrespectful unlike the other writers there who have a better sense of humor.

Buy Dragon's Crown by the way. I'm sure as hell that I would buy it now after this.
---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2wheepitupPosted 4/24/2013 10:12:08 AM(edited)
Owned, and I like the sorceress, being a 30 year old male.

Also, his followup article was embarrassing. So much backpedaling. Dragon's Crown is gonna be amazing, I just wish they would make an english port of Princess Crown at some point.

---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/Lzh6Ymp.jpg
#3ShineboxerPosted 4/24/2013 10:13:26 AM
This is what happens when people start letting internet bloggers think they're actual Journalists. Now all the hack journalists have the internet to run to.

Failure on all levels.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#4HolyMcmolyPosted 4/24/2013 10:17:17 AM
I laughed. It's a cheap tactic to get buyers, and it shows the developers have no faith in their own game. I'm glad he said what he did.
#5KillingHarderPosted 4/24/2013 10:19:01 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
I laughed. It's a cheap tactic to get buyers, and it shows the developers have no faith in their own game. I'm glad he said what he did.

What is a cheap tactic to get buyers? Having someone insult your art style?
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#6RemakeMePosted 4/24/2013 10:20:11 AM
I don't get the comparison to the dward and the sorceress of "sexualization" All the wome are sexualized, each more than the last, while the dwarf is the only one showing muscles. The other 2 males are pretty covered up. Then on top of that, the only real way to compare it if the Dwarf was wearing a bannana hammock with it flopping around like the Sorceress breasts. Not the same thing.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#7StopthinkPosted 4/24/2013 10:20:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8ShineboxerPosted 4/24/2013 10:21:22 AM
I don't get the comparison to the dward and the sorceress of "sexualization" All the wome are sexualized, each more than the last, while the dwarf is the only one showing muscles. The other 2 males are pretty covered up. Then on top of that, the only real way to compare it if the Dwarf was wearing a bannana hammock with it flopping around like the Sorceress breasts. Not the same thing.

I least it's a grown full woman.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#9HolyMcmolyPosted 4/24/2013 10:21:30 AM
KillingHarder posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...

What is a cheap tactic to get buyers? Having someone insult your art style?

Giving your female characters a huge rack, and putting them in revealing clothing. I thought that was obvious with what I said after that.
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/24/2013 10:22:06 AM
>Kotaku

Nothing to see here.