This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I find my tastes in certain genres fading over time.

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 4/24/2013 6:04:40 PM
I used to have a thing for first person shooters...can't stand them now. Completely over saturated.

With the exception of Metal Gear Rising because I love that cutting mechanic so much, I'm losing interest in the hack and slash genre. Bought all 3 God Of War games, the first 4 Devil May Cry games....but GOWA and DmC don't spark my interest.

I now find myself losing interest in fighting games, simply because there is no local community for me to play with and online fighting games no matter what the game will always suck. It requires precision timing that even the best netcodes cannot provide.

I still like certain 3rd person adventure games and always will (MGS obviously, Splinter Cell, Uncharted etc...) but some others I'm very meh about.

I think the one genre I will ALWAYS love is the sandbox game. GTA, Saints Row, Prototype, Infamous...etc. I have too much fun with those games and now that MGS is even going open world for Phantom Pain, I could not be more excited. Bring them on.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cgted3w <<<<<Dead Sexy
#2pixel378Posted 4/24/2013 6:32:43 PM
Same with FPS. Has to be very interesting like Bioshock Infinite for me to look at it now, I don't even give a second glance to most.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#3jimihendrixfrkPosted 4/24/2013 6:45:01 PM
Agree on the hack/slash genre. Don't know why, but I've completely lost interest in them.
---
I can't write coherent sentences, so I use pictures. - MourningReigns
#4Skull007o_OPosted 4/24/2013 6:50:52 PM
No innovation within the genre, it's natural to feel bored or uninterested. Your example was quite good, MGR is far from being the best hack n' slash, but the cutting mechanics and the zandatsu ability are the strongest features of the game
#5AlltraPosted 4/24/2013 6:54:14 PM
Could just be you're not "In the mood" to play those types of games right now. Everyone feels that way at some point. Go play something else, and I guarantee you that you'll eventually find that spark and desire again, and you'll be loving all the games you currently don't care for right now.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#6VarronPosted 4/24/2013 7:07:36 PM
JRPG's are fading for me ever since I played Ni no Kuni. Not because I didn't enjoy it, I think I'm just losing interest in the genre.
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#7blackhrtPosted 4/25/2013 5:49:24 AM
They aren't taking chances like they used to.

Also I agree with the "in the mood". Sometimes you have to take a couple of days off and play chess or something. :P
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#8este914Posted 4/25/2013 5:54:18 AM
You're getting older, tastes are changing, things that were once appealing to you no longer are. It's happening with me too. There are a lot of games I WANT to play, but when it comes down to it, I find myself not caring so much.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#9ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/25/2013 6:35:35 AM
I think my tastes go in cycles. I used to be all about JRPGs and didn't like the Western style ones. I also used to play a good amount of FPS. Then I got tired of FPS and started playing RPGs with a more Western style and influence. But I find myself playing more and more FPS games as time goes on, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get back into playing JRPGs soon. I think sometimes I just need a break from one genre before I can enjoy playing it extensively again.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#10JurassicBondPosted 4/25/2013 6:41:59 AM
For me it's turn based RPGs. I can't stand them anymore.
---
Reading: A Dance With Dragons - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg