This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which $40 game is more worth buying? DD: Dark Arisen or NG3: Razor's Edge?

#11AzureVergil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:55:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12AzureVergil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:06:57 PM
Is Dragon Dogma similar to Skyrim?

Also EB Games has a promo of ''Trade 1 game and get DD:DA for free'' but the game must have a value of $15, which game has that value in trade?
#13KoroshiyaZeroPosted 4/25/2013 11:03:56 PM
AzureVergil posted...
Is Dragon Dogma similar to Skyrim?

Similar as in they are both fantasy games. A few mechanics are similar, but the games ultimately play pretty differently. DD is more action oriented with special attacks, combos, scaling larger enemies etc.
#14EseenuzPosted 4/25/2013 11:14:02 PM
Haven't played Dragon's Dogma

I am currently playing NG3 Razor's Edge (among other games) and I gotta say I really like the game. The graphics are great, the game is challenging, the cut-scenes are cool, that ninja chick looks good... I mean that seems pretty cool to me.

Currently I'm stuck on the *SPOILER*

The Dinosaur at the moment lol It makes me laugh just the thought of Ninja vs. Dinosaur

*/SPOILER*

Play the demo, if you enjoy the demo you'll like the full game.
#15Muv-LuvPosted 4/25/2013 11:58:01 PM
This is how to use spoiler tags: <sp> insert spoilers here </sp>
#16TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/26/2013 2:04:37 AM(edited)
Dragon's Dogma: DA is an improvement of a great game, NG3: RE is an improvement of a supbar game. I own both, and they're good, but I'd go with DD.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#17AzureVergil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:59:45 AM
Is it true I will be missing some contents if I don't have a save file of the original Dragon Dogma?

I know I will on a costume in NG3:RE for not having a save file of the original.
#18Pharsti01Posted 4/26/2013 4:04:31 AM
Dragons Dogma, the better game, and might be up your alley.

However, why not just save for when something you actually want comes out?

Or like someone already mentioned, Deadly Premonition (out today here, waiting for me at home) is a better choice than any of those 2.
#19CaptainLukaPosted 4/26/2013 4:24:37 AM
AzureVergil posted...
Is it true I will be missing some contents if I don't have a save file of the original Dragon Dogma?

I know I will on a costume in NG3:RE for not having a save file of the original.

You won't be missing anything important. The people with a save from the original game will receive a few goodies (Rift crystals, extra outfits), but nothing you can't live without.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Portal 2, Malicious, Halo 4, Skyrim, Etrian Odyssey IV, The World Ends With You
#20xOmniCloudxPosted 4/26/2013 4:46:05 AM
Next month you'll find Razor's Edge for 25 brand new, wait some more.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.