This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think this gen is the golden age of gaming?

#41true_gamer80Posted 4/25/2013 12:47:11 PM
oh my...GF is so clueless its scary lol....amazing a site soley about gaming and this many ppl are so ignorant or clueless with gaming lol.

Im also seeing most here simply dont understand what the "golden era" of anything actually means lol....

freaking GF...my god lol....
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#42AlltraPosted 4/25/2013 12:56:01 PM
I wasn't around for the 70's and 80's Arcade Scene. Well...I was, but I was like...2, so...yeah, I wasn't around for it.

That said, I personally find the mid-late 90's to be a "Golden Age". I loved gaming well before then, there are some amazing games that I played on the NES, and I really love the style of games released back then even to this day.

But when they started transitioning to 3D, that was by far the most innovative and awe inspiring time I've ever experienced in gaming. The only thing I can really compare it to is this gen's transition to online, only so, so much better. Online is more like...the developers golden age, from a business standpoint. It's been pretty horrible for gamers though, as far as I'm concerned.

By far, most of my favorite games, most of the games I routinely replay and can't get enough of, most of the game styles that I love, were created or refined to near perfection during that period, and serve as the backbone of game design even to this day.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#43SieKensouPosted 4/25/2013 1:01:43 PM
snes/genesis ~ ps2

that is the golden age of gaming.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#44CyhortI82Posted 4/25/2013 1:02:47 PM
Nooooooo! Back when gems werr HERD and there weren't no sterry crep and it wuz jerst abert the gamprey! THAT'S the gerlden age! Regrenerating hearth killed germing!!
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#45Kromlech06Posted 4/25/2013 1:15:29 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
PS2/GCN Era

Came here to say this.
#46Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 4/25/2013 1:17:05 PM
Punikin posted...
I think it's the SNES/Genesis era.

Seconded
#47blackwaltz3Posted 4/25/2013 2:28:43 PM
This has been my least favorite generation of games since I have been playing games (Late NES)

My personal favorite was the PS1 era
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds