This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Code Veronica is pretty much the worst RE game.

#1mgs4fan540Posted 4/25/2013 11:30:36 AM
Just played the HD version of CVX, and I honestly believe that code Veronica is the worst out of all the games in the series, even worse than 6.

-Enviornments are boring
-Enemies are cheap, for example bandersnatches
-save points and item boxes are poorly placed
-Alfred and Steve are terrible characters
-Laughable story
-Bosses are terrible
-Not enough replayability
-zombies are bullet sponges
-The fun is replaced with artificial difficulty. If it was fun and difficult, it would of been good. But nope.

Only good part is the music, and the wesker cutscenes.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2Crimson SkysPosted 4/25/2013 11:34:26 AM
Well...yeah. Why do think they had to reinvent RE after CV came out?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3656stoogePosted 4/25/2013 11:35:54 AM
I really enjoy the gameplay, but I'm not a fan of the story, setting or new characters. My biggest problem at first though, was probably the art direction and 3d backgrounds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I just don't think that last gen was strong enough graphically to switch from pre-rendered backgrounds to 3d ones. FF, RE, Onimusha, they all looked better with pre-rendered backgrounds IMO. Just look at how much better REmake looks compared to CVX.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#4RayconPosted 4/25/2013 11:36:59 AM
I disagree. I thought it was great. I loved how the fetch quests were a puzzle of their own, trying to figure where to find the next piece and what places were left unexplored. Although many were put off by it, I loved the bizarre turn of the plot and the parallel between two different siblings.

It wasn't the best, but I thought it was far from the worst. Any RE after CVX earns that title for me (except Revelations, which was actually pretty good). Although RE3 comes close; I hated that game.

>_<
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5Xx Parasite xXPosted 4/25/2013 11:44:47 AM
Everything that you disliked about the game I personally loved. This is my 3rd favorite RE title after 2 & 1 and the main reason I ran out and bought a Sega Dreamcast at launch.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy it.
---
Nurse Marcie: Do you like my body, Joey?
Joey: =)
#6superbowl54Posted 4/25/2013 12:02:13 PM
you misspelled RE4

CV IS the worst of the classic REs though (well, that and 0)
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#7CanesHousePosted 4/25/2013 12:05:06 PM
I disagree. I thought it was great. I loved how the fetch quests were a puzzle of their own, trying to figure where to find the next piece and what places were left unexplored. Although many were put off by it, I loved the bizarre turn of the plot and the parallel between two different siblings.

I agree with this. CV is my favorite RE.
---
King Of Board.
"You don't need a reason to help people." Zidane, Final Fantasy IX
#8Infinite 2003Posted 4/25/2013 12:05:55 PM
Code Veronica was good. Not the best, but good.
#9Spartan718Posted 4/25/2013 12:09:51 PM
I really like code Veronica back on Dreamcast and just downloaded it yesterday because of the sale along with 5 and look forward yo playing bth of them.
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#10AnonUnknownPosted 4/25/2013 12:22:21 PM(edited)
The worst thing of CV on Sony systems was the lack of subtitles.

Please take note that English is not my first language, and i have even more difficulties with SPOKEN language. Also i don't understand why you guys keep saying it's easy and there are a lot of ammos, from what i remember i was always with low ammo for everything.