This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Code Veronica is pretty much the worst RE game.

#31Castiel39Posted 4/25/2013 2:06:56 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
Well...yeah. Why do think they had to reinvent RE after CV came out?

This. This game proved that they had to move the gameplay forward. Honestly, if 4, 5 and 6 were like the old school RE games, people would complain as much as they complain now for being more of the same.
#32RayconPosted 4/25/2013 2:07:52 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
Well...yeah. Why do think they had to reinvent RE after REŘ came out?

Fixed that for you.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#33NightTerrorX99Posted 4/25/2013 2:23:54 PM
656stooge posted...
I really enjoy the gameplay, but I'm not a fan of the story, setting or new characters. My biggest problem at first though, was probably the art direction and 3d backgrounds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I just don't think that last gen was strong enough graphically to switch from pre-rendered backgrounds to 3d ones. FF, RE, Onimusha, they all looked better with pre-rendered backgrounds IMO. Just look at how much better REmake looks compared to CVX.

FF never made a radical change from pre rendered backgrounds. FFX had a mixture of them, and that game was beautiful on the PS2. I mean the one thing I believe FF has down packed is graphics of any kind.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#34IChangedMyNamePosted 4/25/2013 2:34:26 PM(edited)
Castiel39 posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Well...yeah. Why do think they had to reinvent RE after CV came out?

This. This game proved that they had to move the gameplay forward. Honestly, if 4, 5 and 6 were like the old school RE games, people would complain as much as they complain now for being more of the same.

No it didn't.

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 both release in 2002 and had Resident Evil Outbreak release the following year. Capcom over saturated the market with the games. Not to mention they re released the entire series on Gamecube as well in 2003 with out any upgrades or anything with the last release being CV in August 2003.

Of course no one was gonna buy that many similar games back to back, its not Call of Duty man, you cant get a simple fast satisfaction out of these kind of games.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#35DefYouthPosted 4/25/2013 2:45:38 PM
lol at anyone who thinks CV is better than RE4.
---
"The beautiful ones always smash the picture...always, every time."
#36RayconPosted 4/25/2013 2:46:51 PM
DefYouth posted...
lol at anyone who thinks CV is better than RE4.

I guess you're laughing at me then. Go on and get your ego trip out of the way.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#37badboyPosted 4/25/2013 2:49:49 PM
No.
#38shinra35800Posted 4/25/2013 3:05:20 PM
Trolls trying to say that the past is a lie tsk tsk tsk. Kids.
#39SmoshCuchPosted 4/25/2013 3:27:12 PM
I enjoyed it less than 1-4, that's for sure.
#40notrandomPosted 4/25/2013 3:44:12 PM
Still debating whether I should get it and I played all the REs aside from ORC, the 3DS ones and the rail shooters.
Everyone keeps saying it is really awful but with it being on sale I can't help but think I should bite the bullet.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.