This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Do You Hate More?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Which Do You Hate More?
2 years ago#1
In the spirit of the internet where hating things is the order of the day let's discuss which you hate more in a video game: quick time events or cutscenes that you can't skip. Go!
2 years ago#2
QTE. At least with a cutscene you can dick around and do other stuff while it's happening- read a book, masturbate, whatever. With QTEs you have to pay careful attention at all times.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
2 years ago#3
Unskippable cutscenes. I don't want to see the same crap over and over again when I reload a checkpoint. Sometimes I just don't want to see a cutscene at all.

QTE's however you just press a few buttons and that's it.
Chris Jericho is better than God.
2 years ago#4
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
2 years ago#5
I don't mind either
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
2 years ago#6
Cutscenes you can't skip. If I die and have to restart the whole cutsene again. . . it's grueling. Some scenes I can quote verbatim because the objective was so dang hard.
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
2 years ago#7

I never skip cutscenes anyway. The only time they suck is when there's a checkpoint right before, and not after like the should be now, them.

QTE's are rarely ever good though.
How to treat a woman:
2 years ago#8
QTE - All they ever end up being is random button mashing that drags the game down. The cutscenes are only annoying the second time you play a game (if you don't care for the story) or if you keep dying in the same spot. QTEs will always suck, even on the first time playing the game.
Sony PS4 Conference =
2 years ago#9
Unskippable cutscenes, especially during challenging portions of the game. I don't mind QTE's, they keep you on your toes.
Take the idiot test; read line below for instructions.
Take the idiot test; read line above for instructions.
2 years ago#10
You know what's really bad? The two combined.

Complete... global... SATURATION.

The scene isn't THAT long but damn if I didn't have to see it 30 times.

To answer the topic I vote unskippable cutscenes.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Which Do You Hate More?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived