This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were people more mad about RE5 than RE6? (spoilers)

#11akuma634Posted 4/25/2013 4:12:21 PM
Ditched survival horror with action

I've been playing RE since the director's cut of RE1. These games were ALWAYS action. You get a gun and plenty of ammo, there are rare moments where you're so low on ammo that you need to just run away. Also most of the horror was just scripted jump scares like zombie arms popping out of a boarded window to grab you for no damage.

Survival horror would be Silent Hill, Clock Tower, System Shock, Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth, Amnesia, Penumbra, and other games where you have little to no way to fight back, very little to heal you, and running (and hoping you don't get caught) is the smartest way to deal with a violent situation. You could shoot everybody in System Shock 2 but then you wasted all your bullets and more enemies are coming for you but the wrench isn't going to do s*** to keep you alive. At that point the best you can do is reload a previous save and don't waste what little ammo you have.
#12LifeOfSynPosted 4/25/2013 5:15:18 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
^ It's because they were native indians man

They had painted shields and spears lol that is racist

Lol @ "indians)

Also, don't be ridiculous. How can that be racist? People DO live like that in Africa!
I don't mean all of them, of course - that would be crazy. But the poor fellows in the harshest conditions (for example, the unfortunate gits in the charity adverts) live in complete poverty. Racist suggests offense and there is nothing offensive about this except that people live in such conditions in life.

Also, the shields and spears, not so much, but I think the tribal outfits are more of a culture/ancestral thing. But it would be weird if half-naked Africans had machine guns instead haha.

I sound like a complete hippie idiot. But just pointing it out, is all.
---
DmC>DMC3>DMC2>DMC4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC.
#13ReloadedPosted 4/25/2013 5:40:20 PM
RE5 was a fun game I sank almost 100 hours into. RE6 was sold fast on ebay so I could recover the most money possible.
---
"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
#14doofy102Posted 4/25/2013 5:59:44 PM
I can only judge RE6 by the demo, but the gampelay in that was a huge mess. At least RE5 was always playable and usually had some decent design.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#15TheBuddsPosted 4/25/2013 6:01:33 PM
I''ll just leave this...

The way the engine worked in Dino Crisis was something more they should have moved to. It's like Capcom still don't know yet what they want to turn the franchise into.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#16BissomoneybagsPosted 4/25/2013 6:23:38 PM
No, other way around. More mad at 6 than 5. 5 was enjoyable with co-op and mercs, and I still play it years later. 6 I tried the demo for a couple hours, and...just no. Capcom really screwed the series with 6. Both failed horribly at the horror genre, but at least 5 was polished. 6 felt like a complete mess and I'm being generous at that.
#17tigerex777Posted 4/25/2013 6:29:37 PM(edited)
RE5 is actually not so bad.. I only pissed on it because RE4 for me was so good. But after playing RE6, RE5 is on godlike status; that's how much RE6 sucks.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64