This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MAG: Why did most people not accept it?

#1FF14_BABEYYPosted 4/25/2013 4:17:21 PM
It had a decent community, but wow it was hated on so much.

I mean, the graphics weren't the BEST, but it they were clean. Controls were tight, UI was fine, and gameplay was incredible. Also it really felt like you were a part of a side in this war they created. WTH community?
#2Kastro187420Posted 4/25/2013 4:19:24 PM
It wasn't Call of Duty would be my guess. Most people are only interested in an FPS title if it has either "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" somewhere in it.

I thought the game was pretty fun myself.
---
PSN - Kastro187420 - Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.
#3warrenmatsPosted 4/25/2013 4:20:18 PM
I think people liked Warhawk better thats why.
---
:D
#4king_maddenPosted 4/25/2013 4:21:26 PM
most games that like to ask for more strategy in FPS genre usually gets a little hate
#5zyrax2301Posted 4/25/2013 4:21:34 PM
Online only would be my guess. I bought it, it's a good multiplayer game.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6FF14_BABEYY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 4:22:40 PM
king_madden posted...
most games that like to ask for more strategy in FPS genre usually gets a little hate

It was almost "cool" to hate this game though. It was about as bad as DmC hate. Well not THAT bad, but close.
#7NCPwnPosted 4/25/2013 4:22:57 PM
It's the game that made me buy my PS3.

Epic battles.
Team based tactics (game where a medic gun is actually better than killing someone). A noob could be more use to a team, than a lone wolf who goes on a killing spree.

Just loved that concept so much. Also 3 factions with different playstyles, strengths weaknesses. Then they homoginized the Maps, and it got lame.

Still It deserves to be in my sig.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#8Ke7hplPosted 4/25/2013 4:33:19 PM
I got it for 1$ used at gamestop. It's pretty fun. I rarely play it though.
---
get a grip, get it straight or else you'll let it slip and you'll never elevate.
PSN - Ke7hpl
#9ManservicePosted 4/25/2013 4:36:58 PM
Kastro187420 posted...
It wasn't Call of Duty would be my guess. Most people are only interested in an FPS title if it has either "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" somewhere in it.

Yep. That's why Halo, Bioshock and Borderlands flop so hard.

Oh wait.
#10NooBiesBoObiEsPosted 4/25/2013 4:39:08 PM
I loved it. I still think it was one of the better shooting games I've ever played.

If you found a good match where people actually worked together as a team... There was nothing else on consoles that even came close
---
how can this be the land of the free, home of the brave? indiginous holocaust and the home of the slaves...