This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF XIII Oily disc?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. FF XIII Oily disc?
3 years ago#1
Played FF XIII and beat it a long time ago but wanted to re-play it again but PS3 won't read it then I take the disc out and look at the disc. The disc has a oily surface look to it. All my other PS3 blu-ray disc work fine, any solution to this?
3 years ago#2
What an odd question, so there is no possible way that this oil isn't from misuse, and that the disc itself is sweating?

Maybe just clean it off with a gentle cloth and purified water.
3 years ago#3
I take care off my game. Played fine for a couple of day then when I put it back in, the PS3 make ticking noise and won't read it.
3 years ago#4
FFXIII is on a dual-layered disc, and all dual-layered Blu-ray discs have that oily-looking surface, it's normal.

as for why your PS3 won't read it, i suggest wiping the disc with a cloth.
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
3 years ago#5
CrimsonGear80 posted...
FFXIII is on a dual-layered disc, and all dual-layered Blu-ray discs have that oily-looking surface, it's normal.

as for why your PS3 won't read it, i suggest wiping the disc with a cloth.

okay
3 years ago#6
The first data layer in the Blu-Ray disk is so close to the bottom of the disk that even a minor scratch or fingerprint causes read issues. Just clean the disk. Fortunately they put a scratch protection coating on the disk to help prevent scratches since they have the potential to cause major issues on the disk compared to DVD's that are more scratch tolerant.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. FF XIII Oily disc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived