This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF XIII Oily disc?

#1KaiKun91Posted 4/26/2013 2:04:24 PM
Played FF XIII and beat it a long time ago but wanted to re-play it again but PS3 won't read it then I take the disc out and look at the disc. The disc has a oily surface look to it. All my other PS3 blu-ray disc work fine, any solution to this?
#2don_juan_darkoPosted 4/26/2013 2:06:20 PM
What an odd question, so there is no possible way that this oil isn't from misuse, and that the disc itself is sweating?

Maybe just clean it off with a gentle cloth and purified water.
#3KaiKun91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 2:09:16 PM
I take care off my game. Played fine for a couple of day then when I put it back in, the PS3 make ticking noise and won't read it.
#4CrimsonGear80Posted 4/26/2013 3:00:50 PM
FFXIII is on a dual-layered disc, and all dual-layered Blu-ray discs have that oily-looking surface, it's normal.

as for why your PS3 won't read it, i suggest wiping the disc with a cloth.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#5KaiKun91(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:18:39 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
FFXIII is on a dual-layered disc, and all dual-layered Blu-ray discs have that oily-looking surface, it's normal.

as for why your PS3 won't read it, i suggest wiping the disc with a cloth.

okay
#6CooperRCPosted 4/26/2013 8:24:08 PM
The first data layer in the Blu-Ray disk is so close to the bottom of the disk that even a minor scratch or fingerprint causes read issues. Just clean the disk. Fortunately they put a scratch protection coating on the disk to help prevent scratches since they have the potential to cause major issues on the disk compared to DVD's that are more scratch tolerant.