This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is PlayStation Plus Actually Worth It? (Free game wise)

#1TheNurseInBlackPosted 4/26/2013 7:39:01 PM
The only thing that turns me off is that I wouldn't be able to play the games anymore if my subscription ends.
I mean I'm kinda leaning over to actually just buying a cheaper physical copy then getting it for free and risking it.
Any opinions?
---
3DS FC: 2723 8473 4529
PS3,PSVita,Xbox360: TheNurseInBlack
#2kcypher2000Posted 4/26/2013 7:40:52 PM
They are not free, its a leasing service. You should look at the current list of games and ask yourself how many of these are you willing to rent and then divide the annual fee by the amount of games you would actually play and consider that you only have access to them for your term.

Might be cheaper to buy some of these games from the used game bin and actually own them.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 4/26/2013 7:41:04 PM
To me it is
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4RyuuHou25Posted 4/26/2013 7:41:50 PM
Well, if you bought all the retail games on there right now for used, even at 10 dollars a pop, that's more than the price of Plus for a whole year, which would give you another 30 ish games on top of that between retail and PSN ones for free.

Physical - you spend more overall, you keep them as long as you want

Plus - you spend WAY less, you keep them as long as you have your sub, you eventually lose them entirely one day

Depends on what you want more.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5HwoarangExpert1Posted 4/26/2013 7:42:36 PM
3 month subscription, maybe not,

a full year subscription will give you more games than you know what to do with
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#6OtakuGameraPosted 4/26/2013 7:44:19 PM
for EU it's very worth it

for US it's debatable, and very enraging
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#7TheNurseInBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:50:47 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Well, if you bought all the retail games on there right now for used, even at 10 dollars a pop, that's more than the price of Plus for a whole year, which would give you another 30 ish games on top of that between retail and PSN ones for free.

Physical - you spend more overall, you keep them as long as you want

Plus - you spend WAY less, you keep them as long as you have your sub, you eventually lose them entirely one day

Depends on what you want more.

Loosing them entirely is another giant turn off. . .
---
#8BurgerTime79Posted 4/26/2013 7:58:00 PM
If loosing access to them after your subscription ends, then just don't get the service.
Oh, and it figures we get the practically mandatory "They're not free!" post by someone.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9TheNurseInBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:02:10 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
If loosing access to them after your subscription ends, then just don't get the service.
Oh, and it figures we get the practically mandatory "They're not free!" post by someone.

The main thing that bothers me is that I won't be paying for this type of thing my whole entire life. Eventually I'll loose all data unless Sony allows you to keep the games eventually once they move on to the next consoles. But who knows. . .
---
#10shaftymcnastyPosted 4/26/2013 8:05:02 PM
I just got my PlayStation last month but it's definitely worth it to have plus. A new game every week for $50 a year? How is it not worth it? Especially if you also have a vita