This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation Plus = best investment for poor people

#11BurgerTime79Posted 4/26/2013 8:55:01 PM
MourningReigns posted...
Hunter_mk posted...
because poor people can afford a console but not games

Well, I explained how but I got modded.

That just means the whole topic should be modded as well, if that was your intent.
You're coming on here just to brag about your spending, and belittle anyone who has less than you.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#12Thermador446Posted 4/26/2013 8:55:05 PM
Technically, Netflix might be more useful for some people.

I've lived without cable before, & it wasn't that bad.

Netflix costs more per month, but unlimited content on 5 accounts is easily the better investment if you're low on cash.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#13crazyman32Posted 4/26/2013 8:58:55 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
*head desk*

This^.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#14mogar002Posted 4/26/2013 8:58:59 PM
Renting is a terrible investment
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#15AyataneXPosted 4/26/2013 9:08:13 PM
mogar002 posted...

Yeah, seriously. You do realize that you can no longer play those "free" games after your subscription expires, right? You have to pay for PS+ again.

Buying used games for cheap is a way better solution. You can find plenty of great deals on ebay.
#16BrutalBrockenPosted 4/26/2013 9:16:32 PM
Wow, this is a dumb topic. But that was probably your intent.
I make plenty of money to buy all the games I want for all the consoles I own and still enjoy PS+.
Why? Because it gives me a chance to try out the games I wasn't sure about, I recently downloaded Labrynth Legends a game I wasn't to sure about, but it was a free download and all for $50 a year I get a chance to download plenty of other games I wasn't sure about, not inclusing great discounts on other stuff.

But its easier to say its for poor people when your not working 80 hours a week to support a family of 4.
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#17RyuuHou25Posted 4/26/2013 9:17:34 PM
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...

Yeah, seriously. You do realize that you can no longer play those "free" games after your subscription expires, right? You have to pay for PS+ again.

Buying used games for cheap is a way better solution. You can find plenty of great deals on ebay.

Over the 3 years I've had Plus, it's cost me 150 dollars. If I were to buy everything on it's own over all that time including the PSN titles, it would have cost me a few thousand dollars by this point, even used.

Such a horrible trade off.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#18SS_MetalSonicPosted 4/26/2013 9:21:43 PM
poor people logic ^
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#19War_FailPosted 4/26/2013 9:31:37 PM

Over the 3 years I've had Plus, it's cost me 150 dollars. If I were to buy everything on it's own over all that time including the PSN titles, it would have cost me a few thousand dollars by this point, even used.

You wouldn't buy everything on its own over all that time. You wouldn't buy a tiny fraction of the mostly shovelware and old crap they give you, and what little you would buy, you'd actually own and not simply be renting.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#20siberian142Posted 4/26/2013 9:34:05 PM
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...

The point is to keep paying the $4 for PS+ so you continue to get "free" games. You get several games every month that costs a lot more than the $4 that you put in at the start of the month. I'd much rather skip lunch for a day and put that money into PS+, I've been a member since it was revamped and the deals have been amazing.