This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation Plus = best investment for poor people

#101wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 11:45:53 PM
jameswinterton posted...
On the EU one I have Batman Arkham City, Okami HD, Dead or Alive 5, God of War HD, Mass Effect 3 and many more.

You really think I could get those for 30gbp (online passes and all) anywhere? it's just a great deal. Of course it's great for poor people, it's great for anyone who isn't an idiot.

By all means though take pride in being a 'real' gamer. All the smart people will be enjoying those free games, alongside all the other games they choose to buy.

Such a small sample of games you could be playing if you were a real gamer.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#102Han_the_DragonPosted 4/28/2013 11:48:24 PM
wheepitup posted...
Han_the_Dragon posted...

I was reading this just for fun, but I keep seeing you and others (I think, not really tracking usernames), that the games we get from PSN+ are old games that can be gotten cheap, can you tell me what PSN+ are you talking about?

I know the US one haven't been brilliant for some time, but here on EU we are getting games that aren't as old as you would think...

Still I got the service for the Cloud Save because of the copy protected saves, and latter it became a commodity for me, and only after they remade the "gift" program last year, I started getting games I was interested in from the program, and since then I have had opportunity to try a lot of games I wouldn't even try if I had to pay (and some actually were good), or play games I had to put into my wanted list, but would have remaining there forever, since other stuff I wanted more was being released.

If you truly wanted to back up your saves you would use a memory card, not rely on a cloud service that might not even be around a few years after the ps4 launches.

And people who think PSN+ rentals are a good deal are in denial. If you want a full selection of the ps3 library to rent, do a ****ing online rental service.

Tell me how I can backup a save file with copy protection with a memory card?

For non-copy protected files, I keep a card with somewhat current backups, since I know how reliable the cloud can be at times.

And as I said, PSN+ is great to allow you to play games you would never think in buying, not to play games you would buy anyway, it just allows a bigger library.

As for renting games, did you ever think there are a lot of places that don't have that kind of service? not everyone lives where you live..
---
My GT4/TT Album: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/Han_the_Dragon/
#103Deimos259Posted 4/28/2013 11:49:35 PM
Yeah I agree
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#104jameswintertonPosted 4/28/2013 11:51:34 PM
Oh blobitup! what a surprise seeing you in this topic.

I buy games that I want, and I also enjoy ps+ games. I also have Injustice, Bioshock Infinite Tomb Raider and a lot of other games that I play when I want to.

But no, I'm not a real gamer, I'm just a gamer. I dont want to be called a real gamer because that would put me in the same pathetic place as you, and that would be too depressing to handle.

I'm a guy who plays and enjoys games, and has done for 20+ years.

Enjoy being a 'real' gamer alone in your basement.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#105Evil_GogetaPosted 4/29/2013 12:12:08 AM
I have enough money to sustain a relationship, collecting JoJo stuff, save money, buy games brand new day 1, pay taxes and phone and I still love getting free games off PS+ for my Vita and PS3!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) PSO2 and Time Travellers. (PC) Monster Hunter Frontier
#106Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/29/2013 11:47:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#107kcypher2000Posted 4/29/2013 12:02:50 PM
Ghetto_ninja posted...
Yes a "real gamer" uses his "aspergers syndrome" to get a disability check every month so they don't have to work. That way they can play all the nintendogs and pokemon they want like a true hardcore gamer. Get real wheep. I mean if you downloaded and kept all the titles that Plus has released since the beginning you would not have time to play them all and plenty of good games to play.

Real gamers would have played them already or would have not been interested to begin with. This isnt an insult its common sense. If you are a fan of gaming you will buy the gsmes you believe you will enjoy when they are new or relatively new.

This is the big flaw of ps+. If you were a fan of the games then you would have played them already, if you arent a fan then why care that you can lease the game now and to top it off they are so cheap to buy by this time you should just buy and own them. This is what fanboys ignore but real gamers, meaning those who invest in gaming as a hobby, wont wait till a game they like is real old before playing them.
#108kcypher2000Posted 4/29/2013 12:05:40 PM
jameswinterton posted...
On the EU one I have Batman Arkham City, Okami HD, Dead or Alive 5, God of War HD, Mass Effect 3 and many more.

You really think I could get those for 30gbp (online passes and all) anywhere? it's just a great deal. Of course it's great for poor people, it's great for anyone who isn't an idiot.

By all means though take pride in being a 'real' gamer. All the smart people will be enjoying those free games, alongside all the other games they choose to buy.

All these games are old. You can buy them used for dirt cheap and actually own them or use a service like gamefly and actually pick your games.
#109jameswintertonPosted 4/29/2013 1:28:12 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Ghetto_ninja posted...
Yes a "real gamer" uses his "aspergers syndrome" to get a disability check every month so they don't have to work. That way they can play all the nintendogs and pokemon they want like a true hardcore gamer. Get real wheep. I mean if you downloaded and kept all the titles that Plus has released since the beginning you would not have time to play them all and plenty of good games to play.

Real gamers would have played them already or would have not been interested to begin with. This isnt an insult its common sense. If you are a fan of gaming you will buy the gsmes you believe you will enjoy when they are new or relatively new.

This is the big flaw of ps+. If you were a fan of the games then you would have played them already, if you arent a fan then why care that you can lease the game now and to top it off they are so cheap to buy by this time you should just buy and own them. This is what fanboys ignore but real gamers, meaning those who invest in gaming as a hobby, wont wait till a game they like is real old before playing them.

How can you know if you will be a fan of a game before you play it? you have an idea, but not everyone can buy every game they might like.

Through ps+ I have enjoyed several games that I wouldnt have been inclined to buy, which makes it more than worthwhile.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#110ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/29/2013 1:34:22 PM
Trying to rile people up there TC? My investment in PS Plus is strictly about the cloud saves. The ability to back up ALL of my save files, including locked ones is worth the price alone. The games and discounts are just a nice bonus. Doesn't matter how much money I have, if I've invested dozens of hours in a game with a locked save and my system dies I have to start all over, not something I like the idea of.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.