This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation Plus = best investment for poor people

#31legendofskylandPosted 4/26/2013 10:24:25 PM
wheepitup posted...
legendofskyland posted...
War_Fail posted...
Considering the fact that most of the "free" crap on PSN+ is months or years old you'd already have bought it if you had any interest in it.

You'd be surprised how many things I personally passed up in favor of other things, but got to play for free thanks to Plus, like Vanquish last month.

It's not "free" you are paying for a limited rental service.

I didn't spend anything on it so I'd say it was free.
#32nelson5436Posted 4/26/2013 10:43:41 PM
Well, TC, we are all happy you get a large allowance. I'm sure we are all envious of you.

On a more serious note, why do people have to ruin this site with pointless threads?
---
PSN: nelson5436
#33BrutalBrockenPosted 4/26/2013 10:45:39 PM
nelson5436 posted...
Well, TC, we are all happy you get a large allowance. I'm sure we are all envious of you.

On a more serious note, why do people have to ruin this site with pointless threads?

They get bored, and then they pleasure themselves when they get lots of responses.
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#34War_FailPosted 4/26/2013 10:48:30 PM
War_Fail posted...
Considering the fact that most of the "free" crap on PSN+ is months or years old you'd already have bought it if you had any interest in it.

You'd be surprised how many things I personally passed up in favor of other things, but got to play for free thanks to Plus, like Vanquish last month.

Why not just set $60 aside every year and use it to buy a few randomly-picked games from ebay in that case? It would basically be the same exact thing as PSN+, except you'd get to keep what you buy.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#35TheNurseInBlackPosted 4/26/2013 10:51:45 PM
Hunter_mk posted...
because poor people can afford a console but not games

You mean new consoles.
I'm sure poor people would go and buy the old consoles back then.
I have a friend who was having a hard time with money but she was still able to get a 3ds and one game to go with it. But that's about it
So I guess it really depends.
---
3DS FC: 2723 8473 4529
PS3,PSVita,Xbox360: TheNurseInBlack
#36THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/26/2013 10:51:54 PM
TC ain't too bright.....I gotta be poor to want to make the best use of my money? What. the.....
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#37ShineboxerPosted 4/26/2013 10:54:11 PM
because poor people can afford a console but not games

It's a $300 dollar console, so yes, poor people can afford it.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#38RyuuHou25Posted 4/27/2013 12:58:59 AM
wheepitup posted...
People who think PSN+ is a good deal for those rentals should get smart and pay for gamefl so they actually have a selection of good games. Then again PSN+ wasn't made for smart people, just the gullible ones.

Well, I think a fair amount of people would, if not for that pesky issue of not living in the US.

I know, I know, like minded people such as yourself tend to forget there's other countries and this whole world besides the US.

Nevermind that Gamefly is exponentially more expensive just so you have a so called choice, never mind if the game you want is out of stock, turn around times, and other inherent problems with the service, but hey! That's what "smart" people do....be ignorant!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#39Mystickay86Posted 4/27/2013 1:39:35 AM
tack129 posted...
Look at all the kids slinging mud at those that bought PS+.

Guess it's the new hipster thing to do. I doubt the people whom bought PS+ actually do care that they are renting out games for a year. Would you rather you spend $80 to have to play online MP games?

Agreed. Ignore the yoyo's Ayatane, Mogor, Wheepitup(the disposable gamer), metalsonic.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#40king_maddenPosted 4/27/2013 1:57:48 AM
War_Fail posted...
War_Fail posted...

Why not just set $60 aside every year and use it to buy a few randomly-picked games from ebay in that case? It would basically be the same exact thing as PSN+, except you'd get to keep what you buy.

the majority of gamers dont care about "keeping" games, they play them, get tired and trade in/sell and move on, usually within 5 months or less.

only the minority really care about things like this.