This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation Plus = best investment for poor people

#91zyrax2301Posted 4/28/2013 6:21:24 PM
wheepitup posted...
I agree, it's great for the poor people to get table scraps of a few games that are years old while us refined gamers are enjoying the very best as it comes out and ACTUALLY permanently own the games. Maybe one day they will ascend to our level but until then they will just have to look up to us with envy.

This. Although not all of us are so nerdy about it >_>
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#92jameswann64Posted 4/28/2013 6:28:47 PM
siberian142 posted...
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...
Renting is a terrible investment

Yeah, seriously. You do realize that you can no longer play those "free" games after your subscription expires, right? You have to pay for PS+ again.

The point is to keep paying the $4 for PS+ so you continue to get "free" games. You get several games every month that costs a lot more than the $4 that you put in at the start of the month. I'd much rather skip lunch for a day and put that money into PS+, I've been a member since it was revamped and the deals have been amazing.

^This guy^ gets it
---
Currently playing: NBA 2k13(PS3) Farcry 3 (PS3) Terraria (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
#93kcypher2000Posted 4/28/2013 6:31:32 PM
jameswann64 posted...
siberian142 posted...
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...

Yeah, seriously. You do realize that you can no longer play those "free" games after your subscription expires, right? You have to pay for PS+ again.

The point is to keep paying the $4 for PS+ so you continue to get "free" games. You get several games every month that costs a lot more than the $4 that you put in at the start of the month. I'd much rather skip lunch for a day and put that money into PS+, I've been a member since it was revamped and the deals have been amazing.

^This guy^ gets it

Or considering how old these games are you could buy the games you CHOOSE from the used bin and actually own them. You couod even trade these games back or let people borrow them.
#94king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 8:10:15 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
jameswann64 posted...
siberian142 posted...
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...

^This guy^ gets it

Or considering how old these games are you could buy the games you CHOOSE from the used bin and actually own them. You couod even trade these games back or let people borrow them.

I havent seen any of these games available for less than the $1 or so I pay for all of the games ive downloaded. also why would I buy a game if I didnt want to keep it anyway? all plus games, I get play for a little while then delete and move to the next. pretty much exactly what I do with physical games.
#95rvd42387Posted 4/28/2013 9:31:55 PM
Actually I have money hell in the last month ive bought a Wii U, a Vita and a stack of games for both, along with some games for my PS3, I enjoy having plus because of the discounts, it gives me an excuse to buy a game i would have not bought otherwize, the IGC isn't something that sells plus for everyone, and people in financial hardship are more likely to go to gamestop and get a couple of 2 year old used games for like 10 bucks a peice, than plus
#96MindGamingMantiPosted 4/28/2013 9:38:05 PM
10/10
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#97kobalobasileusPosted 4/28/2013 9:59:59 PM
Hunter_mk posted...
because poor people can afford a console but not games

Even better, they can afford the epic Internetz required to download those "free" games.
#98Han_the_DragonPosted 4/28/2013 10:18:01 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
jameswann64 posted...
siberian142 posted...
AyataneX posted...
mogar002 posted...

^This guy^ gets it

I was reading this just for fun, but I keep seeing you and others (I think, not really tracking usernames), that the games we get from PSN+ are old games that can be gotten cheap, can you tell me what PSN+ are you talking about?

I know the US one haven't been brilliant for some time, but here on EU we are getting games that aren't as old as you would think...

Still I got the service for the Cloud Save because of the copy protected saves, and latter it became a commodity for me, and only after they remade the "gift" program last year, I started getting games I was interested in from the program, and since then I have had opportunity to try a lot of games I wouldn't even try if I had to pay (and some actually were good), or play games I had to put into my wanted list, but would have remaining there forever, since other stuff I wanted more was being released.
---
My GT4/TT Album: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/Han_the_Dragon/
#99wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 10:40:03 PM
Han_the_Dragon posted...

I was reading this just for fun, but I keep seeing you and others (I think, not really tracking usernames), that the games we get from PSN+ are old games that can be gotten cheap, can you tell me what PSN+ are you talking about?

I know the US one haven't been brilliant for some time, but here on EU we are getting games that aren't as old as you would think...

Still I got the service for the Cloud Save because of the copy protected saves, and latter it became a commodity for me, and only after they remade the "gift" program last year, I started getting games I was interested in from the program, and since then I have had opportunity to try a lot of games I wouldn't even try if I had to pay (and some actually were good), or play games I had to put into my wanted list, but would have remaining there forever, since other stuff I wanted more was being released.

If you truly wanted to back up your saves you would use a memory card, not rely on a cloud service that might not even be around a few years after the ps4 launches.

And people who think PSN+ rentals are a good deal are in denial. If you want a full selection of the ps3 library to rent, do a ****ing online rental service.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#100jameswintertonPosted 4/28/2013 10:42:48 PM
On the EU one I have Batman Arkham City, Okami HD, Dead or Alive 5, God of War HD, Mass Effect 3 and many more.

You really think I could get those for 30gbp (online passes and all) anywhere? it's just a great deal. Of course it's great for poor people, it's great for anyone who isn't an idiot.

By all means though take pride in being a 'real' gamer. All the smart people will be enjoying those free games, alongside all the other games they choose to buy.
---
psn: jrwinterton