This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't beat devil may cry hd.

#1Billy TrancePosted 4/26/2013 9:29:37 PM
The first devil may cry is hard as hell... well literally. I can't pass shadow first encounter. It's too fast, and it possesses both powerful melee and ranged attacks. To top it off, 90% of the time it's invincible. the rage inducing camera is not helping cuz I don't use rage anyways. I used all items I have to make to this point. I"m playing on normal.
#2sean2995Posted 4/26/2013 9:30:51 PM
dodge/roll. range/shot gun are the best. When its core is open, thats when you melee.
#3NineSkiysPosted 4/26/2013 9:31:54 PM
Play keep away with the shotgun, time you hit strings and dodge whenever you feel threatened. It's okay to spam your guns for the early part of the game on higher difficulty because you take so much damage. Just wait out till you get some health upgrades or stinger.

If anything else, there's always easy mode when you die enough times lolz.
---
It's not the great who are strong, It's the strong who are great!
#4RayconPosted 4/26/2013 9:40:23 PM
Abuse it's weak point. Stand still at medium range and let it circle you. When it performs the move where it's face turns into a spear and tries to impale you, just jump up. You'll land on the spear. Fire like no tomorrow with E&I to do critical damage. If you do it right, it should only take one try.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5TehAssasinPosted 4/26/2013 9:45:10 PM
Billy Trance posted...
The first devil may cry is hard as hell... well literally. I can't pass shadow first encounter. It's too fast, and it possesses both powerful melee and ranged attacks. To top it off, 90% of the time it's invincible. the rage inducing camera is not helping cuz I don't use rage anyways. I used all items I have to make to this point. I"m playing on normal.

Literally? Didn't know an intangible video game can be rock solid.
#6CrimsonGear80Posted 4/26/2013 9:46:57 PM
Beating it recently, It really isn't as hard as i remember it. and man....some things in that game did not age well.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#7Billy Trance(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:54:09 PM
TehAssasin posted...
Billy Trance posted...

Literally? Didn't know an intangible video game can be rock solid.

You realize the main character is literally in hell fighting minions of hell right.
#8warrenmatsPosted 4/26/2013 9:57:14 PM
dodge dodge shotgun.

And keep playing on normal, and don't restart on easy mode. You'll regret it.
---
:D
#9EmiliaTheSagePosted 4/26/2013 10:43:26 PM
1. Don't move.
2. Wait for Shadow to cast spear. Otherwise dodge all other attacks.
3. Jump normally when spear is casted. You should land above the spear.
4. Shoot it with your guns like crazy to reveal its core.
5. Stinger its core 2-3x until Shadow becomes reddish. Repeat 1-5 if it's still Black.
6. Run away from it. It will self-destruct.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 4/26/2013 10:47:22 PM
Hard as hell? No, you've just been weakened by modern games.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn