This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What has made Resident Evil.... such a great Zombie game?

#1Jx1010Posted 4/27/2013 12:51:58 AM
Taking this from wayyyy back the originals all the way to Revelations... or 4, 5 or 6.

Resident Evil has always been my favorite zombie game but I just dont know why its soooo awesome and fun.
#2DantechanPosted 4/27/2013 12:54:49 AM
Well....

puzzles, interesting enviornments, cool looking bosses, etc. Music is sometimes great too.
#3StarBladeEdgePosted 4/27/2013 12:55:16 AM
where can i find zombies in 5 ? i must missed them in 60 hours of playtime...
---
ice cream in my ears in my ears is ice scream in your ears is other things in my ears is ice stream
#4KaliestoPosted 4/27/2013 1:05:37 AM(edited)
RE...or should say biohazard wasn't all about zombies, I don't get why people don't understand that, and the entirety of the plot mainly the perfect bio weapons.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#5Brocken_JrPosted 4/27/2013 1:16:25 AM
its a timeless classic, OH BARRY!

alright serious time, talkin about part 1, even though i grew up on 2

the reason i like it is cause the static camera, the puzzles, the giant places to explore (mansion), the low ammo so it makes you save up for when you really need it, and the enemies. F*** those hunters, killin me with one hit. i lost over an hour of time twice cause of them. the game also gives limited saves, so you cant go "oh i killed this zombie with just my knife, time to save. oh i just killed this zombie with my knife, time to save."

theres also 2 different stories (chris and jill) that give hilarious voice acting

*chris gets sprayed with deoderant*
chris:"WOOOAH, WHAT IS IT?!

*chris kills a giant plant*
chris:"looks like we got to the ROOT *weird pause* of the problem!"
rebecca:"...."
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#6KoroshiyaZeroPosted 4/27/2013 2:16:39 AM
Kaliesto posted...
RE...or should say biohazard wasn't all about zombies, I don't get why people don't understand that, and the entirety of the plot mainly the perfect bio weapons.

Thank you. There is still hope for the human race if only a handful of people understand that Resident Evil was never about zombies in the first place.
#7DocDeliciousPosted 4/27/2013 4:36:48 AM(edited)
Tension, frustration and the eventual relief from both.

Emotions the series lost a very long time ago.
---
Terarria, Disgaea 4, Siren: Blood Curse, Battlefield 3, Rayman Origins, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU
#8You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/27/2013 4:41:09 AM
For me, the first three were great because you actually felt like the enemies (Zombies) were a threat, and that you actually had to survive. Killing the hoard in front of you would waste your ammo and health, so you had to choose whether to fight or flee.

For the same reason, or lack thereof, I dislike the newer ones because I don't get that same sense of needing to survive in RE4 and onward. Zombies behave the same as they always did, but I'm not longer stuck in confined areas, I have enough ammo for enough high-powered weapons to take on North Korea, and the sense of action eliminates all notions of horror.

It's still probably the best Zombie-killing game though.
#9FellDudePosted 4/27/2013 5:17:17 AM
The originals (up to 3) at least had zombies, oh & suspense and horror. Jill sandwich ftw. Classic stuff.

Four at least kept the suspense and was damn good all around.

Five... well it had good co-op if not much else.

Six brought back the zombies but overdid QTE's to the point of them having to fix it by adding a way to turn them off later. Oh & way too many cinematics interrupting the action(making it too cinematic) kind of hurt the replay value imo.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.